Renko with moving average

This is a discussion on Renko with moving average within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Been reading many posts on this forum but never actually posted before. I used to trade on a dicretionary basis ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:16pm   #1
Joined Feb 2006
Renko with moving average

Been reading many posts on this forum but never actually posted before. I used to trade on a dicretionary basis but since leaving my last job and not having access to the 100 companies price data in front of me all day its much harder to make decisions. So I've been using a few different methods to try to come up with something that can give market direction and reasonable buy / sell signals. I realise the exit is also vital....

One of the ideas I'd been playing with was with renko and moving averages however I havent tried trading it yet, but been playing around with a renko chart on the FTSE100 with a 6 point box size, on a 2 day 2 min chart. There are 2 moving averages - one is a fitted one to the renko boxes and the other is a 6 period average with a horizontal shift of 4.

It seems to be fairly good however I realise this will only work on a volatile market.

Do many other people here use renko charts for any part of their decision making??

Thanks

Nick
laserblues2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2008, 8:00pm   #2

7 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
I use renko chart por trading the sp 500 eminis, but i use the straight forward renko technique with nothing else
lordbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 2:25pm   #3
Joined Jun 2008
Straight Renko - but I look at daily, weekly, monthly to assess next move (up/down). I do a visual based on historical Renko - for example, if usually about 2-3 (down) Renkos before next move up, then I'll buy. Fractals are good too.
Tradez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 2:41pm   #4

7 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
I prefer to use it as if it was point and figure, when breaks out from a resistance for example
lordbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:56pm   #5

7 Posts
Joined May 2004
Flex Renko

I trade the NQ. My set-up chart is a 30-21-0 Flex Renko with T3-2 MA and a CCI-30.

Those two indicators are superimposed on my 12-tic NQ chart. The trend of the MA determines the direction of my trades. When the CCI breaks below +100 and above -100 I look for a signal.

That's it.
jdrower is offline   Reply With Quote