Short term trend following system

This is a discussion on Short term trend following system within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; NEW TRADE Out of EUR USD @ 1.22688 for +20 ----------------------- Current trades open: Short USD JPY @ 106.042 Short ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:00pm   #31
Joined Nov 2013
Shadowvkc started this thread NEW TRADE

Out of EUR USD @ 1.22688 for +20

-----------------------

Current trades open:

Short USD JPY @ 106.042
Short GBP USD @ 1.39913
Short EUR JPY @ 130.403

Total P/L = +26 points
Shadowvkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:00am   #32
Joined Nov 2013
Shadowvkc started this thread NEW TRADE

Long AUD USD @ 0.7757

-----------------------

Current trades open:

Short USD JPY @ 106.042
Short GBP USD @ 1.39913
Short EUR JPY @ 130.403
Long AUD USD @ 0.7757
Shadowvkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:00am   #33
Joined Nov 2013
Shadowvkc started this thread NEW TRADE

Out of USD JPY @ 105.623 for +41.9

-----------------------

Current trades open:

Short GBP USD @ 1.39913
Short EUR JPY @ 130.403
Long AUD USD @ 0.7757

Total P/L = +67.9 points

Is anyone following this btw?
Shadowvkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:00pm   #34
Joined Nov 2013
Shadowvkc started this thread NEW TRADE

Out of EUR JPY @ 129.826 for +57.7

-----------------------

Current trades open:

Short GBP USD @ 1.39913
Long AUD USD @ 0.7757

Total P/L = +125.6 points
Shadowvkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:44pm   #35
 
cbrads's Avatar
Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowvkc View Post

Is anyone following this btw?
I am, Good Luck

BTW, one chart is worth a thousand words!
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:25pm   #36
Joined Nov 2013
Shadowvkc started this thread Hey Cbrads - what chart are you looking for?
Shadowvkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:38pm   #37
 
cbrads's Avatar
Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowvkc View Post
Hey Cbrads - what chart are you looking for?
An annotated chart of your trades showing entry, exits, stops, targets, signals, levels etc. Just a suggestion...
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:55pm   #38
Joined Nov 2013
Shadowvkc started this thread Hey Cbrads, at the moment I don't really want to reveal the actual strategy
Shadowvkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: cbrads
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:00pm   #39
Joined Nov 2013
Shadowvkc started this thread NEW TRADE

Short EUR JPY @ 129.979

-----------------------

Current trades open:

Short GBP USD @ 1.39913
Long AUD USD @ 0.7757
Short EUR JPY @ 129.979
Shadowvkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:26pm   #40
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowvkc View Post
NEW TRADE

Out of USD JPY @ 105.623 for +41.9

-----------------------

Current trades open:

Short GBP USD @ 1.39913
Short EUR JPY @ 130.403
Long AUD USD @ 0.7757

Total P/L = +67.9 points

Is anyone following this btw?
When you say you don't use stops is it literal in meaning? For example, do you still lack an exit signal on your short on GBPUSD and long on AUDUSD or has it crossed into the hope threshold?
__________________
_______________


Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:30am   #41
Joined Nov 2013
Shadowvkc started this thread Wow, passive aggressive much?

If you actually read the whole thread I've clearly stated that entry and exit points are totally systematic - therefore, no "hope threshold". Also the past results clearly show these kind of trades happening, so this is expected. I mean, my first live trade I closed for -130 points! I'm sure if GBP USD was over 100 points in profit (which will happen based on my previous data), your comment wouldn't read - "do you still lack an exit strategy" "or has it crossed into the hope threshold"
Shadowvkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:19am   #42
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowvkc View Post
Wow, passive aggressive much?

If you actually read the whole thread I've clearly stated that entry and exit points are totally systematic - therefore, no "hope threshold". Also the past results clearly show these kind of trades happening, so this is expected. I mean, my first live trade I closed for -130 points! I'm sure if GBP USD was over 100 points in profit (which will happen based on my previous data), your comment wouldn't read - "do you still lack an exit strategy" "or has it crossed into the hope threshold"
Please go back and read my post. I asked "do you still lack an exit signal?" My question was directed at your GBPUSD short which I thought was rather inconceivable that you were still not getting an exit signal when it was clearly not working out. In fact to begin with I thought your short entry signal was very aggressive considering that GBPUSD was in an uptrend. The only condition I would take it would be as a spike and failure but the exit would be mandatory once the immediate swing level was taken out. The fact that your system is allowing a negative excursion of up to 225 points against the position after the BOE statement and still without an exit signal was rather strange. Whatever system you are using does not make any sense to me.

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
_______________


Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:05am   #43
 
Signalcalc's Avatar
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowvkc View Post
Wow, passive aggressive much?

If you actually read the whole thread I've clearly stated that entry and exit points are totally systematic - therefore, no "hope threshold". Also the past results clearly show these kind of trades happening, so this is expected. I mean, my first live trade I closed for -130 points! I'm sure if GBP USD was over 100 points in profit (which will happen based on my previous data), your comment wouldn't read - "do you still lack an exit strategy" "or has it crossed into the hope threshold"
When are you providing updates on your trading balance, end of week?
Signalcalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:37am   #44
Joined Nov 2013
Shadowvkc started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
Please go back and read my post. I asked "do you still lack an exit signal?" My question was directed at your GBPUSD short which I thought was rather inconceivable that you were still not getting an exit signal when it was clearly not working out. In fact to begin with I thought your short entry signal was very aggressive considering that GBPUSD was in an uptrend. The only condition I would take it would be as a spike and failure but the exit would be mandatory once the immediate swing level was taken out. The fact that your system is allowing a negative excursion of up to 225 points against the position after the BOE statement and still without an exit signal was rather strange. Whatever system you are using does not make any sense to me.

Click the image to open in full size.
Please go back and read my post. I said "all entries and exits are systematic".. that means that if a position is still open, then I haven't had a valid exit signal.

It doesn't matter if the system makes sense to you. I see that you pick holes in quite a few posts on this forum - please direct me to your own thread where you are posting your entries and exits so I can do the same
Shadowvkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:39am   #45
Joined Nov 2013
Shadowvkc started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalcalc View Post
When are you providing updates on your trading balance, end of week?
Hey Signalcalc - sure I will update the actual trading balance at the end of the day today
Shadowvkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ACCOR - Short term trend reversal Zebulon92600 Stocks 2 Dec 19, 2014 9:41am
Profit From Short-Term Momentum Of Trend Reversal In Natural Gas ETF ($UNG) morpheustrading Commodities & Money Markets 0 Sep 24, 2012 4:42pm
Short Term Trend Reversals Joe Ross Technical Analysis 0 Jun 20, 2006 6:32pm
Scalping - Short term system Tzachi Forex 15 Jul 28, 2005 7:13pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)