Trading Fundamentals

This is a discussion on Trading Fundamentals within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; These are the events that move the markets and therefore imho be of the utmost importance. They may come in ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:52am   #1

Joined Mar 2004
Trading Fundamentals

These are the events that move the markets and therefore imho be of the utmost importance.
They may come in the form of official announcements or current events. Particularly the big players such as the US, EU and China are of special interest.

So let's have a look at today's calendar and what do we see ?

The US is going to make a Rates announcement.
Have a look at what the pundits say. These boys are pretty good. https://www.investing.com/news/forex...y-clues-495116

Last edited by Pat494; Jun 14, 2017 at 8:53am. Reason: spelling
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:58am   #2

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread An excellent calendar is https://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php

Today is a BIG day with lots of US action. Will the Fed move rates etc. ? That is THE question. All the USD pairs are likely to move substantially but be careful of the move being priced in already and the big boys taking profits !
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:01am   #3
Joined Apr 2017
Thank you for enlightening us and leading us to the Holy Grail.
Attached Thumbnails
dumb.jpg  
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:23am   #4
Joined Feb 2002
I have to be a little apprehensive re my long-term EUR/USD long. That said, on daily forex charts, I've tried to back-track and pick out "blind" the dates when various economic event interrupted or reversed a trend. Its honestly really hard to do. It just seems that the market is usually effective at anticipating events and "pricing in" the impact.

I'm reading that a fed rate hike tonight will lift the $ (because that's what classically happens) and that it won't (because it didn't last time).

I'm sitting tight at the moment.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:26am   #5

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread Yes it is not easy.
Other effects probably should have been factored in too ?
I have got software that analyses the situation automatically. It usually gets it right but not always.
For instance it is already up 1% today ( on my demo ) account.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:42am   #6
Joined Apr 2017
THE DISADVANTAGES OF TRADING FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS

trying to trade the news is trying to time the markets , it does not work.It has been proven that it is not a good way to trade , by timing to perfection.Fundamental analysis may show a trade , but prices may lag for months , resulting in losses for the unwary traders.

“Fundamental analysis creates what I call a “reality gap” between “what should be” and “what is.” The reality gap makes it extremely difficult to make anything but very long-term predictions that can be difficult to exploit, even if they are correct.” – Mark Douglas
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:52am   #7

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
THE DISADVANTAGES OF TRADING FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS

trying to trade the news is trying to time the markets , it does not work.It has been proven that it is not a good way to trade , by timing to perfection.Fundamental analysis may show a trade , but prices may lag for months , resulting in losses for the unwary traders.

“Fundamental analysis creates what I call a “reality gap” between “what should be” and “what is.” The reality gap makes it extremely difficult to make anything but very long-term predictions that can be difficult to exploit, even if they are correct.” – Mark Douglas
I think you are being a bit pessimistic. Practice should improve results.
I have to admit I am a noobie at Fundamentals but hope to improve.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:56am   #8
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
I think you are being a bit pessimistic. Practice should improve results.
I have to admit I am a noobie at Fundamentals but hope to improve.
PATIENCE should improve results.