Delta

This is a discussion on Delta within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Having recently purchased the Delta book, I will admit to be somewhat impressed. Does anyone actually trade using delta. What ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:29am   #1
Joined Mar 2005
Delta

Having recently purchased the Delta book, I will admit to be somewhat impressed.

Does anyone actually trade using delta.

What are your thoughts
Edinburgh Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:35am   #2
Joined Jul 2005
You mean Welles Wilder's "The Delta Phenomenon"? I read it a few months ago. Frankly speaking, maybe because I am a novice, I don't know how to apply it to trading. Perhaps someone will enlighten me in this aspect.
jessechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:40am   #3

Joined Dec 2001
I found it easy to see the turning points on old charts but hard to spot them in real time. I have also seen several solutions for the short term delta on the Dow/S&P. This made me wonder about the inversion points. Having spent a few months trying to ge my head around it, I gave up. At least it convinced me that I am better off following a trend rather than trying to guess when the markets are going to turn.
Bigbusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2005, 4:01pm   #4
Joined Mar 2005
Edinburgh Bear started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbusiness
I found it easy to see the turning points on old charts but hard to spot them in real time. I have also seen several solutions for the short term delta on the Dow/S&P. This made me wonder about the inversion points. Having spent a few months trying to ge my head around it, I gave up. At least it convinced me that I am better off following a trend rather than trying to guess when the markets are going to turn.
so it's looking like no one actually trade using this!
Edinburgh Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2005, 4:04pm   #5

Joined Dec 2001
There are a few over here but they don't use the official solution:-

http://www.khalsaspad.com/

http://www.khalsaspad.com/index.php?...iewtopic&t=314
Bigbusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2005, 6:02pm   #6

Joined Apr 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbusiness
There are a few over here but they don't use the official solution:-

http://www.khalsaspad.com/

http://www.khalsaspad.com/index.php?...iewtopic&t=314
And some are using the Market Matrix / Nexus approach over on TT, tho it has gone a bit quiet on that front recently.
theknifemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2005, 8:12pm   #7
Joined Sep 2003
Delta for the Dow / SPX Intermediate and medium timeframe .

Hi

Its a coincidence this thread just started today as I was going to create a new thread to ask some questions...

I have read some of the replies and so far it may be no one can really answer my problem..

I wonder if any delta traders would be good enough to advise me or help me solve my problem..

Thks heres my querie below ..

I am new to delta and was trying to see if i could use it on the Intermediate and medium time frames for the DOW JONES IND ..and maybe the SPX

Ive attemted to see if I could come up with a solution for where to place the 4 coloured lines and where should the number 1 point come for the intermediate ( 4 lunar ) and medium ( 12 lunar ) time frames,, and WOULD ONE EXPECT the Number 1 to be a LOW or a TOP in general.....

I Know the following may be also on another time frame However I Note If I go back over a 5 year time frame that Months January, February and March have had some good Highs or Lows come in.

Also the Low of October 2002 I thought may have been a possible vital date that May offer guidence if Jan to March isnt where to expect a number 1..

In the Delta Phenominon book there is two examples of the dow for the longer time frames.. This shows egs of where number 1s come in as well as how many points..

I wondered How many points that there should be for the other time frames, ie the Intermediate, and Medium term delta time frames and if possible the 4 day one. ALSO where the number 1 point comes in and between what colours and if a high or low IF NOT inversed as I read that the dow hasnt inversed for many years..

I would be most grateful if anyone Can anyone help me with it..

My email address is

dowsp@yahoo.com

if its easier to reply..

Many thanks

Pete
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote