New to Backtesting, Platform Recommendations?

This is a discussion on New to Backtesting, Platform Recommendations? within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Hi I am new to backtesting. What are some good backtesting platforms that support Excel/CSV import of Historical Intraday Data? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 9, 2012, 3:08am   #1

8 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
New to Backtesting, Platform Recommendations?

Hi I am new to backtesting. What are some good backtesting platforms that support Excel/CSV import of Historical Intraday Data? I am looking at Amibroker, and now MultiCharts, is there any other ones? My budget is not too high.. probably $200-$300. Thank you.
lolbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:45pm   #2

6 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Re: New to Backtesting, Platform Recommendations?

I highly recommend Amibroker. Service/support is exceptional and it has a large community where help/ideas can be gleaned. For the cost is certainly beats many otgher products. The only issue I found is that futures can be complex to simulate, but for equities/fx its great.
Nick Radge is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:40am   #3

8 Posts
Joined Sep 2009

lolbin started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Radge View Post
I highly recommend Amibroker. Service/support is exceptional and it has a large community where help/ideas can be gleaned. For the cost is certainly beats many otgher products. The only issue I found is that futures can be complex to simulate, but for equities/fx its great.
Thanks! yeah I have decided to go with them.
lolbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 7:44pm   #4
Joined Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Radge View Post
I second that.
intradaybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:30pm   #5
Joined Mar 2012

RightEdge is good too, you code in .net (C# or VBA), which is more powerful than a proprietary scripting language.
gayaku is offline   Reply With Quote