Turnaround Trader by Guy Cohen

This is a discussion on Turnaround Trader by Guy Cohen within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by chilliepowder You're right - I feel a bit of knob for trialling this but I'm still within ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 25, 2011, 1:51pm   #17
x4x
Joined Sep 2008
Re: Turnaround Trader by Guy Cohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilliepowder View Post
You're right - I feel a bit of knob for trialling this but I'm still within the return period so I have sent it back today.
Personally I don't think the strategy (can hardly call it a system) is that bad, but what makes me cross is the suggestion that one can make 2 or 3K a month off it with a small account - it will take literally years to get up to that level. It's sick because the marketing is targeted specifically at the most vulnerable - the newbies without much money.
x4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 1:26am   #18

3 Posts
Joined Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by x4x View Post
"As it happens I did know of a very simple and successful system which ticked a few of those boxes, but Iíd long ago abandoned it because it was rather Ďsmall beerí to me. These days Iím not that bothered about something that makes $2k-$3k a month. Itís a bit yawn-worthy"

If it worked well there is no reason why the 'system' would be limited to $2k -$3k a month, why would it be.....?

Hi to you & everyone here
newbie here
So from what you said here above, does that mean his strategy is 'similar' to those you recall and therefore ok?? Or totally flawed and us newbies are wasting our money going with this doji turnaround malarkie, or the theory is sound and not a malarkie and a total novice like me, could possibly make small money, say, £500 - £1000 per month, if starting 'really' small say £0.50-£1 per point basis? chilliepowder has a valid question for quite a few of us, it would appear.... how many have bought into this?? is it truly a bit of a scam??
New2trading1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 3:08am   #19
Joined Oct 2006

Don't waste your money on this.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 4:21pm   #20
x4x
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2trading1 View Post
Hi to you & everyone here
newbie here
So from what you said here above, does that mean his strategy is 'similar' to those you recall and therefore ok?? Or totally flawed and us newbies are wasting our money going with this doji turnaround malarkie, or the theory is sound and not a malarkie and a total novice like me, could possibly make small money, say, £500 - £1000 per month, if starting 'really' small say £0.50-£1 per point basis? chilliepowder has a valid question for quite a few of us, it would appear.... how many have bought into this?? is it truly a bit of a scam??
The strategy may not be a bad strategy, and the support he offers may make it worth the money, but I can guarantee you won't make anything like 500 - 1000 off 0.50 or 1 pound per point. I think his marketing is so disgusting you would be mad to reward him by buying it.
x4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 4:36pm   #21
Joined Oct 2006

Remember this is the same guy that claimed he had decoded a secret box smuggled out of Nazi Germany and that it could be used to make millions. These guys sell dreams, nothing more, don't fall for any of this nonsense.

By the way the returns you are expecting are way too high. Maybe you could get a quarter of that after five years of practice and many thousands in losses.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:01pm   #22

3 Posts
Joined Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post

By the way the returns you are expecting are way too high. Maybe you could get a quarter of that after five years of practice and many thousands in losses.
Well, well, well. I think your comments say it all. thank you all very much for your feedback, and helping big time.

Would be so curious to hear from anyone else later, who picks up this thread and responds. A quarter is not much use to anyone and to take 5 years, well, we all wont be here then, plus dont like the thought of losing thousands either! Haha!

So, what do you think? Is there 'another package' or a more practical way to start trading or is the whole industry riddled with 'offers' like this? Im sure theres no real way, but hard work, proper tuition and loads of practice, to make any sytem work for you; along with lots and lots of luck (labour under correct knowledge)! No doubt you guys have had to work hard for it! Ive worked hard too, but need to acquire a little extra!! lol.

Cheers for now
New2trading1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:21pm   #23
Joined Oct 2006

The entire industry is riddled with scams. Anyone who says you can make money in 20 minutes a day or that you can learn all this in a week or two is a downright liar and is only interested in selling you some crap.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:26pm   #24

Joined Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2trading1 View Post
Im sure theres no real way, but hard work, proper tuition and loads of practice, to make any sytem work for you
You got it. Check this thread out, it may help starting out: Price Action Thread

There is plenty of good stuff and links all over the site, something out of a box, nazi or otherwise isn't going to help
'Common patterns transcend individual market behaviour. For example, bond prices have a lot in common with the way cockroaches crawl up and down a wall. Unfortunately for cockroach followers, there is usually no one around to take the other side of a trade'. - Ed Seykota / Market Wizards
p-lab is offline   Reply With Quote