Turnaround Trader by Guy Cohen

This is a discussion on Turnaround Trader by Guy Cohen within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by chilliepowder I've got the system on trial. Is there anyone out there that's tried it? With what ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 23, 2011, 2:13pm   #9
Joined Oct 2006
Re: Turnaround Trader by Guy Cohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilliepowder View Post
I've got the system on trial. Is there anyone out there that's tried it? With what results?
Youve been scammed, forget all this sort of nonsense.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 6:03pm   #10
Joined Sep 2009

chilliepowder started this thread I agree that the marketing is pretty ridiculous. Is there anything to be said for the strategy though - A doji forming on a 20-day high or low as a signal for a possible reversal? Also looking for volume, resistance and support and trading most liquid stocks. It uses a simple trade plan to set an initial profit target and stop loss. The website uses a scanner to find potential trades meeting the 'criteria'. As I say, I'm a complete newbie so it's good to get experienced traders views...
chilliepowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 6:28pm   #11
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilliepowder View Post
I agree that the marketing is pretty ridiculous. Is there anything to be said for the strategy though - A doji forming on a 20-day high or low as a signal for a possible reversal? Also looking for volume, resistance and support and trading most liquid stocks. It uses a simple trade plan to set an initial profit target and stop loss. The website uses a scanner to find potential trades meeting the 'criteria'. As I say, I'm a complete newbie so it's good to get experienced traders views...

Like any combination of indicators it will work sometimes and fail other times. The problem is that these guys will show loads of examples of when it works to brainwash you into thinking there is some value in it. You'd really be doing yourself a massive favour by forgetting about these get rich quick schemes, these guys are marketers, not traders, they are just selling a dream.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 7:53pm   #12
x4x
Joined Sep 2008

"As it happens I did know of a very simple and successful system which ticked a few of those boxes, but I’d long ago abandoned it because it was rather ‘small beer’ to me. These days I’m not that bothered about something that makes $2k-$3k a month. It’s a bit yawn-worthy"

If it worked well there is no reason why the 'system' would be limited to $2k -$3k a month, why would it be.....?
x4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 8:15pm   #13
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by x4x View Post
"As it happens I did know of a very simple and successful system which ticked a few of those boxes, but Iíd long ago abandoned it because it was rather Ďsmall beerí to me. These days Iím not that bothered about something that makes $2k-$3k a month. Itís a bit yawn-worthy"

If it worked well there is no reason why the 'system' would be limited to $2k -$3k a month, why would it be.....?
This guy is now a figure of ridicule and rightly so. How anyone can take such nonsense seriously is beyond me, I though his Nazi box story couldn't be topped, now I'm not so sure.

Shame on T2W for helping promote people like this.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:06pm   #14
x4x
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
This guy is now a figure of ridicule and rightly so. How anyone can take such nonsense seriously is beyond me, I though his Nazi box story couldn't be topped, now I'm not so sure.

Shame on T2W for helping promote people like this.
Yeah, he's not bothered about a strategy that makes 2 or 3 grand, but he does want sell his so called system for 2 or 3 hundred - it's nothing short of ridiculous.
x4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:21pm   #15
Joined Sep 2009

chilliepowder started this thread You're right - I feel a bit of knob for trialling this but I'm still within the return period so I have sent it back today.
chilliepowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:36pm   #16
Joined Oct 2006

Make sure to check your credit card account to make sure you dont get billed.