Novel use of Moving Averages

This is a discussion on Novel use of Moving Averages within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; erm the compulsory stop loss is for your own protection.. you can bang a stop as far away as you ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 25, 2005, 5:31pm   #31

Joined Jun 2003
FetteredChinos started this thread erm the compulsory stop loss is for your own protection..

you can bang a stop as far away as you want from the current price.. 500pts should do you!!

i would be very careful in trying to trade these live...

the drawdowns are humungous if you arent careful and filter the entries...

FC
FetteredChinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 1:39pm   #32

4 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Sorry, I should have said Capital Spreads don't allow you to determine your own stop loss, it's set at some arbitrary figure determined by them.
Their Demo account I tried set the stop loss automatically at 80 points, which I feel is overly restrictive.

Who do you use FC?
spongebob75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 1:47pm   #33

Joined Nov 2003
oh yes they do

spongebob75

CS automaticallyy set a stop but once it is set you are free to change it. Like all SB companies there is a limit on how close they will allow you to place ot the stop to the current price.

don't know if this works on the demo site.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 1:53pm   #34
Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob75
Capital Spreads don't allow you to determine your own stop loss
They certainly wouldn't have many customers if that were true. There's a long thread here called "Capital Spreads" in which their Managing Director answers many questions in detail about how their platform works, etc. A long read, but very highly recommended:-

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=6721
Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote