System Tradability considerations...

This is a discussion on System Tradability considerations... within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Dear fellow traders, going through the WLD forums I got to an idea that I need to develop my systems ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:42pm   #1
Joined Aug 2004
System Tradability considerations...

Dear fellow traders,

going through the WLD forums I got to an idea that I need to develop my systems first following a principle of tradability in real market. For example, no one would deny that there are some serious problems in executing ones signals. Therefore, I have decided that it is of primary importance to keep in mind those real-life problems when developping a system. Here is how I see it...

1. it is better if a system sells long only,
2. if a systems has short trades, then the sequence of traders should be short >> buy >> sell,
3. there are numerous difficulties is working with reverse systems, so, if possible I should avoid it,
4. while testing, it is better to use MarketOrder because it is closer to conditions of real-life trading,
5. set up a real slippage=0.8% per round (Entry+Exit), or slipage figures of the volume,
6. set up real commissions figures = $40 per round (Entry+Exit),
7. StopLoss needs to be > RangeDay.

I have search the ET forums for some asnwers but somehow could not find anything relevant. Please, correct me if I am wrong. So, I came up with two questions to start up a new thread...
1. what other criteria I should look at when building a systems with strong tradability considerations?
2. what ChartScripts of ChartScript families would be most suitable for tradability consideration?

I will greatly appreciate any relevant info: links to sites, books, magazine articles. Thank you in advance and happy trading to all,

Jamie.
JamieSorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 7:05am   #2

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieSorres

1. it is better if a system sells long only,
2. if a systems has short trades, then the sequence of traders should be short >> buy >> sell,
1. Why

2. If you like to short as well as buy, then why not just trade an instrument that does not have the uptick rule?

JO
JumpOff is offline   Reply With Quote