ACD Methodology

This is a discussion on ACD Methodology within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; hi guys good a up in gbp/usd...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 1, 2006, 10:51pm   #31
 
8 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
hi guys
good a up in gbp/usd
Attached Thumbnails
gbp5.gif  
alirezamehdipor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 10:53pm   #32
 
8 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
for next hours
be ready for gbp/jpy,because narrow pivot range
Attached Thumbnails
gbp7.gif  
alirezamehdipor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 9:46am   #33
 
michael25's Avatar
 
2 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Hey guys,
I've been reading your posts and all are very interesting, however something has been plaguing me when trying to trade ACD with FX and i was wondering if I could grab your guys suggestions
When calculating A, C pivot points etc for the FX markets, do you take the 24 hours into account or just the 'session' that you are trading. For Example, London session is approximately 2:am to 12pm EST so would you arrange to calculate A, C and pivot points based on price occurring ONLY within this range or would you include the whole 24 hours. Whilst only including the session is logical, the problem then becomes that most FX charting software only calculate the ATR (used for A and C points) for the WHOLE 24 hours, thereby 'diluting' the calculations of your various points.

ANy suggestions?
Much appreciated
michael25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:15am   #34
Joined Mar 2007
Re: A C D Method

Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Does anyone have any formula / numbers / alogrithm's to find values for A and C .

After watching the Fisher videos, I have to say his method certainly warrants further investigation.

Also I'm slightly puzzled at the lack of response so far to the thread starter.

Has anyone watched these vids? C'mon guys this thread needs a helping hand

counter

This is still a good basic method so are all other breakout systems .Applying it to other markets requires changing the strategy.

Yes I WATCHED THE VIDEOS
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2010, 12:01pm   #35
 
zupcon's Avatar
Joined Nov 2004
Re: ACD Methodology

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael25 View Post
ANy suggestions?
There used to be quite a good thread at Moneytec on ACD.

I think you should start by seriously questioning the underlying assumption on which the method is based, and verifying this for yourself.

I'd also suggest that If your trying to trade ACD as a purely mechanical strategy, the method of calculating the values of A and C and the pivot really arent that important. However, as these values are the product thats being sold, everyone tends to focus on how the values are calculated, and they also tend to think there's some magic method involved that sudenly makes the method profitable.
zupcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2010, 12:24pm   #36
Joined Mar 2007
Re: ACD Methodology

Quote:
Originally Posted by zupcon View Post
There used to be quite a good thread at Moneytec on ACD.

I think you should start by seriously questioning the underlying assumption on which the method is based, and verifying this for yourself.

I'd also suggest that If your trying to trade ACD as a purely mechanical strategy, the method of calculating the values of A and C and the pivot really arent that important. However, as these values are the product thats being sold, everyone tends to focus on how the values are calculated, and they also tend to think there's some magic method involved that sudenly makes the method profitable.
The method is not profitable on every instrument, a variation of this method is the Hans 123 breakout system which failed on currencies.

The original acd values are obsolete.The markets have changed and the orignal method,in my opinion,is obsolete.
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2010, 1:40pm   #37
 
zupcon's Avatar
Joined Nov 2004
Re: ACD Methodology

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildaytrader View Post
The original acd values are obsolete.The markets have changed and the orignal method,in my opinion,is obsolete.
I've certainly never come across anyone who was able to to successfully backtest ACD as a consistantly profitable mechanical system, and I know quite a few who have tried, and I include myself in that list.

I'm suggesting that anyone who wants to trade the method first needs to understand the theoretical edge on which the system is based, and then to verify if the market conditions on which that edge is based actually exists. The edge (or lack of it) has absolutely nothing to do with A and C values, or multiples of ATR or any such poppycock

The less said about the Hans 123 system the better other than as a psychological study of a group of people of less than average intelligence being fooled by randomness
zupcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2010, 2:02pm   #38
Joined Mar 2007
Re: ACD Methodology

Quote:
Originally Posted by zupcon View Post

The less said about the Hans 123 system the better other than as a psychological study of a group of people of less than average intelligence being fooled by randomness
Those pompous gurus claim it was a robust system in their mentoring rooms.Ignorant went further to suggest trading it after a drawdown period, and consequently blowing the accounts with bigger losses.Ignorant further suggested not trading it after a day of profitable breakouts.

Thanks to all these pathetic mentors giving free systems to blow accounts.
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:36pm   #39
 
2 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Re: A C D Method

Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Does anyone have any formula / numbers / alogrithm's to find values for A and C .

After watching the Fisher videos, I have to say his method certainly warrants further investigation.

Also I'm slightly puzzled at the lack of response so far to the thread starter.

Has anyone watched these vids? C'mon guys this thread needs a helping hand

counter
Hi there
Trading breakouts is good strategy but it depends on time frame I use 5 mins chart I draw support and resistance lines for the last 2 hrs just before I start trading then I use those s/ r lines for trading
But remember for first 30 mins price breaks thro these lines so don,t short at resistance or long at support .
You can apply this strategy inconjunctionwith stochastic indicator
I use two time frames one is tick chart and other 5 mins together to get my strategy and is working powerfully
Again you need to backtest till you win 25 trades out of 27 trades to get into live trade

You can visits this site I explain more with screenshots what I took in live
Passionaboutdaytrading.com |

Sanjay
Sanjay10 is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:45pm   #40
 
2 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Re: A C D Method

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildaytrader View Post
This is still a good basic method so are all other breakout systems .Applying it to other markets requires changing the strategy.

Yes I WATCHED THE VIDEOS
Hi
The best strategy in day trading is stick to whatever strategy you have and backrest it till you win 99% if not filter out further your strategy and see where you have went wrong
I have experience in jumping for one strategy to other and end up losing not only money but losing focus on your own strategy
You will wasting time time in digging everywhere for gold stick to one place or strategy
If you don,t have any proven startegy you may try this in back testing
Divergence in stochastic with price ,use this in tick charts and support and resistance in 5 mins chart
When these two charts meet your strategy the you can take the signal

I explain more in my trading website
Passionaboutdaytrading.com |

Cheers good luck for day trading

Sanjay
Sanjay10 is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 7:00pm   #41
Joined Jan 2006
Re: ACD Methodology

banned ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildaytrader View Post
Those pompous gurus claim it was a robust system in their mentoring rooms.Ignorant went further to suggest trading it after a drawdown period, and consequently blowing the accounts with bigger losses.Ignorant further suggested not trading it after a day of profitable breakouts.

Thanks to all these pathetic mentors giving free systems to blow accounts.
elovemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:16pm   #42
 
2 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
hi
I found this tread and I just want to say that people use a standard technical analysis and almost 100% from them loose money.
I just want to say that the ACD system is one of the best systems that works on trend markets.
My today chart of EURUSD.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ngb...5#.UpyUlMRDut5
markn is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:52am   #43
 
2 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Hi.
I use the ACD system for many years.
Here is my chart of GBPUSD from yesterday.
http://oi39.tinypic.com/2dglylk.jpg
markn is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:55am   #44
 
2 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay10 View Post
Hi there
Trading breakouts is good strategy but it depends on time frame I use 5 mins chart I draw support and resistance lines for the last 2 hrs just before I start trading then I use those s/ r lines for trading
But remember for first 30 mins price breaks thro these lines so don,t short at resistance or long at support .
You can apply this strategy inconjunctionwith stochastic indicator
I use two time frames one is tick chart and other 5 mins together to get my strategy and is working powerfully
Again you need to backtest till you win 25 trades out of 27 trades to get into live trade

You can visits this site I explain more with screenshots what I took in live
Passionaboutdaytrading.com |

Sanjay
You don't need to draw nothing.
You need to use software on which you put all your ideas.
I use Ensign Windows.
markn is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:30am   #45
 
1 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
hello guys, im just kind of getting to know ACD, Question, do you plot you own or you guys using indicators , im using mt4 can you recommend an ACD indicator?

thank you in advance.
awsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dynamic Trader methodology (Robert Miner) HornedGod Trading Systems 28 Nov 9, 2013 4:05pm
Dowstomper indicator methodology pegasus95s33 Trading Systems 1 Apr 3, 2007 10:35am
Article: Squat Bars: A Methodology to Identify Short Term Reversals T2W Bot Educational Resources 2 May 18, 2006 2:06pm
Basket Trading Methodology PitBull Trading Systems 6 Jul 15, 2004 9:00am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)