Bloomberg Trial & Demo

This is a discussion on Bloomberg Trial & Demo within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Not a lot of interest is there ? I watch the TV channel sometimes and yes the news stories are ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:55am   #15

Joined Mar 2004
Re: Bloomberg Trial & Demo

Not a lot of interest is there ?

I watch the TV channel sometimes and yes the news stories are quite interesting. The girls are yummy esp. Maryam, Betty, Andrea etc.
I don't suppose you want a word of advice but I will give it anyways. I was thinking back and couldn't remember making a single penny from all that TV coverage. May I suggest that instead of just covering the news and letting the audience try and work out what indices, stocks it will affect and how much but gear the commentary to investing in xyz until .....i.e. making money for the punter, with the usual caveats of course !
A quantum leap over the competition !!

Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:58am   #16
Joined Feb 2010

JonathanPaul started this thread Do you really only just see Bloomberg as a TV channel?

What person in their right mind would make money from what is said on TV?

Thats like picking up a stock pick in the evening standard, once those guys call something the movement has well and truely happened.

Can I just ask what your strategy is and what you trade.

It might be worth just giving you some information on what a Bloomberg terminal can actually do for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Not a lot of interest is there ?

I watch the TV channel sometimes and yes the news stories are quite interesting. The girls are yummy esp. Maryam, Betty, Andrea etc.
I don't suppose you want a word of advice but I will give it anyways. I was thinking back and couldn't remember making a single penny from all that TV coverage. May I suggest that instead of just covering the news and letting the audience try and work out what indices, stocks it will affect and how much but gear the commentary to investing in xyz until .....i.e. making money for the punter, with the usual caveats of course !
A quantum leap over the competition !!
JonathanPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:05pm   #17

Joined Mar 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanPaul View Post
Do you really only just see Bloomberg as a TV channel?

Can I just ask what your strategy is and what you trade.

It might be worth just giving you some information on what a Bloomberg terminal can actually do for you.
I trade the S&P 500 cash using the usual tools of trends, s&r etc
I use a sb platform - simple but adequate.

What else does Bloomberg offer ?

Last edited by Pat494; Feb 2, 2012 at 12:32pm.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:18pm   #18

Joined Apr 2010

Pat you don't need Bloomberg lol.

I've only had one go of a terminal but it's full of analytical tools you don't need and probably wont know how to use. Actually, I doubt there are many people that can (or need to) use the bulk of the functionality for intra-day pip grabbing. They'll relieve you of about a bag a month for the privilege of access too.

Dunno what the news/data service is like though. Never got a chance to look at it properly. Pretty good I imagine.

Looks like Scose be trollin' 'aaaaard tho... as far as some are concerned!

Last edited by scose-no-doubt; Feb 2, 2012 at 12:25pm.
scose-no-doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:30pm   #19

Joined Mar 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by scose-no-doubt View Post
Pat you don't need Bloomberg lol.

I've only had one go of a terminal but it's full of analytical tools you don't need and probably wont know how to use. Actually, I doubt there are many people that can (or need to) use the bulk of the functionality for intra-day pip grabbing. They'll relieve you of about a bag a month for the privilege of access too.

Dunno what the news/data service is like though. Never got a chance to look at it properly. Pretty good I imagine.
Thanks Scose - much my view too but I will give the man a chance to pitch his product