Software Guide

This is a discussion on Software Guide within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Ok, 1 question which is probably stupid but here goes: If I use esignal (for example) as my charting package ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 29, 2005, 6:13pm   #29
Joined Apr 2005
Ok, 1 question which is probably stupid but here goes:

If I use esignal (for example) as my charting package and I want to see realtime data, do I have to pay for a separate data feed or will esignal provide this. Additionally then lets say I use IB will I pay them for their realtime data? or can I link them together?
Verno is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: TheBramble
Old Apr 29, 2005, 6:25pm   #30

Joined Dec 2002
Esignal you sign up for data as well. They list a lot of markets for stocks, forex, indices, commodities etc and you basically go into your account maintenance bit and find there's 7 or so pages of things you can click on to add. So you might start out with LSE RT and nothing else, then decide you want to trade the Nasdaq so you tick the Nasdaq box and a few minutes later (takes a minute or two to process changes) you find you now have RT Nasdaq and your monthly bill has increased by $x.

Different things cost different amounts, but it's a package you tailor to your own needs from a wide range of options. I've not used IB stuff, or not in a long time at least, but whilst you can feed esignal data into some add on programs I don't think IB is one. Equally you wouldn't find esignal up to charting your IB I wouldn't think - two different systems basically, and whilst I don't KNOW this I suspect you'd find you couldn't just pay for one feed and shove it into both packages.

Dave
DaveJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Verno
Old Apr 29, 2005, 6:49pm   #31
Joined Apr 2005
Thanks Dave, essentially I will be trading s&P, dow and nasdaq futures along with T-note and Eurodollar futures and maybe some fx so I want a charting tool that lets me see these. Then separately I want a broker to execute my trades.

Not asking too much am I
Verno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 7:34pm   #32

Joined Dec 2002
No bother,
esignal will do all those I think. I use it for stocks, and a few other bits and pieces, but nothing in oyur list made me think' dunno about that one'. There's a sort of matrix thingy on the esignal site that lists what is available, best check for sure there. I would think pretty well any of the big players would do these too of course, Tradestation and so on, so there's some choice if you fancy shopping around.
Dave
DaveJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 9:09pm   #33
Joined Apr 2005
Rockwell Coincollecter system/software. Has anybody had any experience with this?
J Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 2:26pm   #34

1 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Hi guys,

you could probably consider SmartQuat (QuantDeveloper, DataCenter products) to be included in your software review?

Thanks,
Anton
SmartQuant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 3:18pm   #35
Joined Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mattson
Rockwell Coincollecter system/software. Has anybody had any experience with this?
At the C2 forum some experience has been reported. Recommended read before you subscribe.

Hittfeld
Hittfeld is offline   Reply With Quote