Software Guide

This is a discussion on Software Guide within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Hi Rognvald, This Guide that you have created is superb! You must have put a lot of effort into it. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 21, 2004, 6:06am   #21

Joined Jan 2004
Hi Rognvald,
This Guide that you have created is superb!
You must have put a lot of effort into it.
Cos it show's.
Thanks,
Badd Boi
Old Jul 29, 2004, 11:48am   #22

Joined Jan 2003
Hi Rognvald

Sent you an pm earlier....Is it possible to add column od Sharescope in Software thread...

The new version of Sharescope has some very good p & f charts facility along with trend lines etc...

They have also added thre line break, Renko and Kagi charts....

regards

The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar.
Evelyn Waugh.
zambuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 12:54pm   #23

Joined Feb 2003
Rognvald started this thread Hi there - see my pm in response - agree with you am - awaiting news from Sharkey on the new web content manager appointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambuck
Hi Rognvald

Sent you an pm earlier....Is it possible to add column od Sharescope in Software thread...

The new version of Sharescope has some very good p & f charts facility along with trend lines etc...

They have also added thre line break, Renko and Kagi charts....

regards
Old Nov 2, 2004, 4:46pm   #24

3 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
FIREWALLS

Totally agree that it is important to have a firewall, but would say that although zone alarm is a good freebie, a better firewall is provided by Smoothwall. This uses a computer dedicated to running a firewall and in the time I have been using it, I have found it to be superb. It does assume that you have an old PC lying around, but how many people have upgraded and still have their old machine? The software is Linux based and is downloaded as an iso image file which can be burnt to a CD. The best news is that for private users, it is FREE!

Any way, for those that are interested and require more information, go to http://smoothwall.org/ and have a browse.
KeithG59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 6:58pm   #25

Joined Jan 2003
Where is Rognvald...???

Why have we not seen any posts from him lately...??

The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar.
Evelyn Waugh.
zambuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 9:00pm   #26
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
He was a good friend of Socrates and decided to leave when there was all that controversy over who Soc was etc and has not returned since.

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 5:42pm   #27

Joined Mar 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithG59
FIREWALLS

Totally agree that it is important to have a firewall, but would say that although zone alarm is a good freebie, a better firewall is provided by Smoothwall. This uses a computer dedicated to running a firewall and in the time I have been using it, I have found it to be superb. It does assume that you have an old PC lying around, but how many people have upgraded and still have their old machine? The software is Linux based and is downloaded as an iso image file which can be burnt to a CD. The best news is that for private users, it is FREE!

Any way, for those that are interested and require more information, go to http://smoothwall.org/ and have a browse.
I suppose when you move around with your laptop you also carry that older cranky computer to serve as your firewall.

Alexander
Old Mar 29, 2005, 2:18pm   #28

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
wave59?

Hi,

Long and impressive list. However, just wondering whether you've included the wave59 analysis programme (www.wave59.com) plus other neural net programmes. There are also several Elliott Wave analysis tools besides GET (eg, ElWave and the Aus/Elliottician software).
Apologies if these are included somewhere: this was just a quick review ...

Rs,
AColes
AColes is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: TheBramble
Old Apr 29, 2005, 6:13pm   #29
Joined Apr 2005
Ok, 1 question which is probably stupid but here goes:

If I use esignal (for example) as my charting package and I want to see realtime data, do I have to pay for a separate data feed or will esignal provide this. Additionally then lets say I use IB will I pay them for their realtime data? or can I link them together?
Verno is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: TheBramble
Old Apr 29, 2005, 6:25pm   #30

Joined Dec 2002
Esignal you sign up for data as well. They list a lot of markets for stocks, forex, indices, commodities etc and you basically go into your account maintenance bit and find there's 7 or so pages of things you can click on to add. So you might start out with LSE RT and nothing else, then decide you want to trade the Nasdaq so you tick the Nasdaq box and a few minutes later (takes a minute or two to process changes) you find you now have RT Nasdaq and your monthly bill has increased by $x.

Different things cost different amounts, but it's a package you tailor to your own needs from a wide range of options. I've not used IB stuff, or not in a long time at least, but whilst you can feed esignal data into some add on programs I don't think IB is one. Equally you wouldn't find esignal up to charting your IB I wouldn't think - two different systems basically, and whilst I don't KNOW this I suspect you'd find you couldn't just pay for one feed and shove it into both packages.

Dave
DaveJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Verno