Software Guide

This is a discussion on Software Guide within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Cheers, will check it out...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 6, 2004, 4:48pm   #11
Joined Dec 2003
Cheers, will check it out
binsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 5:24pm   #12
Joined Dec 2003
They don't cover the ftse or nasdaq stocks unfortunately
binsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2004, 1:18pm   #13

7 Posts
Joined May 2004
is it possible to get a software with datafeeds for live european,asian & us indice charts e.g cac,dax,ftse100,nikkei,hangseng,dow etc.
basically i am looking for a software package where i wont need to start hunting down for feeds left right and centre,a package with links or choices of datafeeds is also ok
thanks for your help
kastiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2004, 1:51pm   #14

Joined Feb 2003
Rognvald started this thread two examples are:
http://www.linnsoft.com/ with a wide choice of feeds
http://www.updata.co.uk/ta/ (using the mytrack option)
Old Jul 4, 2004, 6:59pm   #15

4 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Basic portfolio trade monitoring/valuation software

Rognvald, excellent set of links - congratulations! However, could I maybe draw on your experience to find the needle in the (information) haystack . I am trying to establish a documented track record of running a portfolio of European smaller companies using a long/short strategy and am therefore desperately in need of a simple, but effective portfolio management (i.e. trade entry, valuation/P&L, corporate actions) software package, preferrably free (as I am currently unemployed!), or at least quite cheap. Could you maybe kindly suggest anything that might fit the description (and the pocket?) I launched the portfolio on 19th April this year, and have so far been keeping records manually in Excel, but due to the number of portfolio changes, this has become unmanageable and unweildly. I will have to reinput the portfolio (to get a documented track record), so some kind of easy price upload function would be fantastic. I have a friend who has access to Bloomberg, so in the worst case scenario, I can download historic data into an Excel table and save as a csv file or some other compatible format for upload into the portfolio management package. It is critical for me however that the package can handle shorts and obviously be multi-currency since I cover the whole of Continental Europe. Your help is VERY MUCH appreciated!

FManager
Old Jul 5, 2004, 9:50am   #16

Joined Feb 2003
Rognvald started this thread I'm a little busy just now but will get back to you as soon as I can
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodnik
Rognvald, excellent set of links - congratulations! However, could I maybe draw on your experience to find the needle in the (information) haystack . I am trying to establish a documented track record of running a portfolio of European smaller companies using a long/short strategy and am therefore desperately in need of a simple, but effective portfolio management (i.e. trade entry, valuation/P&L, corporate actions) software package, preferrably free (as I am currently unemployed!), or at least quite cheap. Could you maybe kindly suggest anything that might fit the description (and the pocket?) I launched the portfolio on 19th April this year, and have so far been keeping records manually in Excel, but due to the number of portfolio changes, this has become unmanageable and unweildly. I will have to reinput the portfolio (to get a documented track record), so some kind of easy price upload function would be fantastic. I have a friend who has access to Bloomberg, so in the worst case scenario, I can download historic data into an Excel table and save as a csv file or some other compatible format for upload into the portfolio management package. It is critical for me however that the package can handle shorts and obviously be multi-currency since I cover the whole of Continental Europe. Your help is VERY MUCH appreciated!

FManager
Old Jul 5, 2004, 10:16am   #17

Joined Feb 2003
Rognvald started this thread Guide Update
I have updated the guide with several new utilities to help users with safe backups, fast and efficient defragmentation and Spyware removal. I have also made some cosmetic alterations to make the guide easier to use

Please take a look - there's some useful stuff here

My thanks to Mayfly for information on these products
Old Jul 6, 2004, 1:39pm   #18

4 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
thanks Rognvald

I appreciate your help. You're the expert on this and we're relying on you since we can't go ahead without this software

Thanks

FManager

QUOTE=Rognvald]I'm a little busy just now but will get back to you as soon as I can[/QUOTE]
Old Jul 20, 2004, 5:31pm   #19

Joined Feb 2003
Rognvald started this thread Guide Update

I have included this application development tool in the Guide - take a look at the site if you are interested in developing Broker integrated applications
TradeMagic – a .NET based framework to develop your trading application

Take a look at the guide - there's more there than you think!
Old Jul 21, 2004, 2:59am   #20

4 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Rognvald,

Is there any chance you could help me with the portfolo tracking software?? PLEASE...