Vantage Point Software

This is a discussion on Vantage Point Software within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; http://www.tradertech.com hi guys anyone has any knowledge/experience of this product?/ Jay...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 23, 2004, 12:12am   #11

Joined Sep 2003
VANTAGE POINThttp://www.tradertech.com

http://www.tradertech.com

hi guys anyone has any knowledge/experience of this product?/

Jay
Dow Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2004, 8:16am   #12
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Read this link which basically says it is rubbish.

http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/sh...&threadid=8626
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 2:07pm   #13

Joined Feb 2004
Are we learning yet!?

Max44 started this thread Intermarket Analysis works for the long term... but changes now and then ranging from a year to 10or 20 odd years eg a method called decoupling where once coupled markets tend to "decouple" some time in the future; and i'm taking years. If you read the book "Intermarket Analysis" by Murphy he mentions all this. He also has given positive reference to Vantage Point. But what if once correlated markets starts to "decouple" what then.... all software calculation for the neural network modules in Vantage point would have to change right?! Now THAT'S NOT mentioned..... are they aware of that???!!!!

I have tried VP for a year now... Yes the sales person was pushy and being in the UK wanted me to find other sales for him in the UK..... !!

I, like others, find that there PMA was good, but their predicted H & L was in accurate and useless at times. You are better off using candlestick charting which is effective using metastock with a plugin.... which still doesn't come anywhere near VP price.

I Really want get my money back on this, but it's been a year and i haven't really made any greater amounts of money from it than to just use my own trading ways/rules.... i have just made more money from experience and getting better.... but not from the software!

Anybody know how i can get my money back after a year from these people?

thanks
Old Aug 27, 2004, 2:50pm   #14

Joined Dec 2001
Two hopes:

Bob Hope and No Hope.

JonnyT
Old Aug 27, 2004, 5:15pm   #15

Joined Feb 2004
?

Max44 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyT
Two hopes:

Bob Hope and No Hope.

JonnyT

What do you mean???
Old Aug 28, 2004, 1:24pm   #16

Joined Feb 2004
Which Authorities??

Max44 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoe
I tried it too after paying a fortune for two index modules. It is supposed to predict the next days high and low but is too far off with the accuracy to be of any use. It is only any good at telling you the trend which was no better than a moving average. I got my money back after being advised to report them to the authorites in America.
In my opinion it is useless.

Which Authorities in America did you report them to, and what did you do to get your money back??

Thanks
Old Aug 31, 2004, 11:14pm   #17
Joined Jul 2004
I too responded to a pop-up advert and received a call from the co's salesman. I asked for and got telephone number of one of the users in the UK. I spoke to the user who appeared to be a trader and not a salesman in disguise. The user gave me good information on the software and he seemed to be happy with the software. In the users experience the software produces correct signals 7 times out of ten. He also said once in the trade if you have discipline to manage the trade than the results are pleasing. Furthermore, he also said that the system does what it says on the box.

I was quite tempted to purchase entry level software US$2,900, but having read this and other threads, am not too sure now. There are more negative comments than positive and may be the majority is right. he thread has saved me US$ 2900. Thanks to all the contributors.

regards

Gullible
gullible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2004, 7:32am   #18

Joined Dec 2001
Save your money...

There are commercial systems that work on Commodities that are now in the public domain...

JonnyT
Old Sep 1, 2004, 11:25am   #19
Joined Jul 2004
Tahnkyou Jonny, I ahve taken notice and not signed up. Please can you elaborate on systmes that work on commodities that are in public domain.

regards

Gullible
gullible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2004, 10:34pm   #20
Joined Oct 2004
I have been using Vantagepoint for several months and find it certainly pays foir itself if you follow a few simple rules I have learned by experience.

1. Ignore the predicted high and low figures - widely off the mark.

2. Accept the trend change of direction as gospel if the following criteria are met.
a. The existing trend has been in place fopr at least 12 trading days.
b. The PTMdiff figure has moved consistently for four sessions in the same direction.

3. It does not work for FOREX or "day trading".

4. For the DJIA and commodities it is at least 80% following the above rules
Oldalbanian is offline   Reply With Quote