Wake-Up/Sleep/Standby/Hibernate - Neat Utility

This is a discussion on Wake-Up/Sleep/Standby/Hibernate - Neat Utility within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; I wanted a utility that would wake up my machines from hibernate/sleep/standby at specific days/times and do stuff when I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:50pm   #1
Joined Jul 2003
Wake-Up/Sleep/Standby/Hibernate - Neat Utility

I wanted a utility that would wake up my machines from hibernate/sleep/standby at specific days/times and do stuff when I wasn't physucally around to manually trigger the routines myslef and then put them back to sleep/standby/hibernate.

Really neat piece of software. And it's free.

Downloads - WakeupOnStandBy
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: GammaJammer
Old Apr 8, 2009, 11:43am   #2
Joined Sep 2004
Nice work. Only slight concern is whether it leaves you open to hacking. But as I'm looking to have an automated system trading 24/5 by maybe year end, and I like my sleep, could be a winner. Thanks
Old Apr 8, 2009, 2:06pm   #3
Joined Jul 2003
TheBramble started this thread Not sure your IP access is actually up and running while you hib.

I leave my data feed and Excel and other gubbins running, and when it wakes itself up, it takes a few seconds for the IP side to kick in and the data to adjust, so I don't think there's any danger.
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote