VantagePoint Neural Networks

This is a discussion on VantagePoint Neural Networks within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Hi Everyone, I'm new to the TW2 Forum, and have been reading your posts with great interest - informative and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 10, 2003, 8:23am   #1
ste
Joined Nov 2002
Question VantagePoint Neural Networks

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the TW2 Forum, and have been reading your posts with great interest - informative and fun, a good combination.

I have been trading for just over a year now, using charts and MA's for trading signals on the FTSE and DOW, doing okay, but not great. I then saw an ad for VantagePoint (hell of a price!!) and wondered if any of you have tried it, or know someone who has?

Cheers,
Steve

P.S. VantagePoint says it is 80% accurate at predicting the market direction for the next 2 - 4 days. Covers 25 indecies/currencies/commodities at $2900 for 3 markets of your choice.

Last edited by ste; Mar 10, 2003 at 9:34am.
ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2003, 10:47am   #2

Joined Apr 2002
80% accurate over the next 2-4 days kind of screams to me that it is overly curve fitted (or else that they are giving a fairly useless prediction such as "it will be higher" without an assessment of how much and whether it is worth the risk of making a trade on that).

I am all pro-the power of TA, but does anyone really think the market is 80% predictable 2-4 days in advance?

Actually looking at the claim (that it just picks direction) doesn't this come down to exits? i.e. random entry in either direction will generally offer up some points if you exit at the right time. If all they are doing is telling you when to enter it wouldn't necessarily be that great a system. The direction after two days could be very different to the direction after 4 days, letting them claim they were right whichever way they had picked.

wysi
Old Mar 10, 2003, 11:01am   #3
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
I asked VP to demonstrate in a realtime demo how accurate their system is as they were supposed to offer this but they never did. All I got was spammed with email to buy their system which I always replied to saying that I was waiting for them to demonstrate their system accuracy before buying. When I looked into this further I was informed that all they were interested in is selling the system and those selling it are on commission based earnings. Now why is that if they can predict market direction so accurately that they need so badly to sell the system ?

It should also be noted that even with an 80% success rate with predicting market direction you can still quite easily lose a lot of money.

Personally at that price I would steer well clear of this.
All the above is only my opinion on this subject and others may have differing views.

Paul

Last edited by Trader333; Mar 10, 2003 at 12:47pm.
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2003, 11:56am   #4

Joined Feb 2002
Hi Steve

Welcome to T2W

If I was in your position and had 2000 to spend, I would see if Mr.Charts was running a course, or maybe look at doing Naz's course. Sounds like you just need that extra edge, and I agree with all that trader333 and wysinawyg have said- VP won't give you that.

All IMHO
FTSE Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2003, 3:50pm   #5
ste
Joined Nov 2002
Thumbs down Re: VantagePoint Neural Networks

ste started this thread Thanks All,
I am greatful for your insights and opinions on VantagePoint....
I also read a thread on another board (elite trader) which gave it a general thumbs down due to no pre-purchase trial, or money back guarantee (also the sales people apply alot of pressure, it seems).
Will certainly be thinking again, and look at Mr Charts advice.

Looking for a good (preferably free) chart of the CRB Index, can anyone help?

Again, thanks.
Steve
ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2003, 8:52pm   #6

Joined Jan 2003
Thumbs down disa- vantagepoint

i write them a e-mail saying you operate like the market
....greed...... yes your correct...no refund....you dont even get a free trial...that alone show's they are hiding something...
bally35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2003, 9:45pm   #7

Joined Mar 2002
Ste

If you are interested in neural net software you may wish to check this thread on the Fool

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp...=whole#7566143
cassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote