Some Advice!

This is a discussion on Some Advice! within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Hi, Please give me some advice about a software for real-time data. I already have the finance.lycos.com "LiveChart Plus" but ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 2, 2002, 5:09pm   #1
BeM

Joined Jul 2002
Some Advice!

Hi,
Please give me some advice about a software for real-time data. I already have the finance.lycos.com "LiveChart Plus" but it doesn't work sometimes and that's really dangerous. I could pay a bit more for something better but my budget could be about 50-70 dollars per month. Do you have any suggestions? I need something that provides just a live chart, nothing very sophisticated. Currently I don't trade anything but the S&P 500.
Thanks!
Old Dec 2, 2002, 5:39pm   #2

Joined Nov 2000
Sierra charts + a feed from MyTrack will fit the budget and some left over.
The views expressed here are my personal views and for your information only. Any expression of likely movement of a share is merely guesswork and is to be treated as such.This information must NOT be used as a basis for making any investment decision.
ChartMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2002, 11:05pm   #3

Joined Nov 2000
All data feeds are down from time to time - sometime it's the primary feed vendors themselves, but most of the time it seems to be the exchange. Today, Lycos and myTrack were both down on ES at the same time although the Dow and equities were OK.

You just have to accept it, or pay for feed from two separate primary data vendors.

I understand that with Lycos (quote.com) the more you pay for your feed package the less likely you are to drop service (apart from when it's an exchange problem). That's why the freebie users drop before those paying $100 per month, if they drop at all.

It's at times like these that you appreciate why stops are necessary
Skimbleshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2002, 5:40pm   #4
BeM

Joined Jul 2002
BeM started this thread Yesterday I actually sold short ES at 10 o'clock after the disappointing ISM data and... my LiveChart Plus went down exactly at that time, so I had to cover having made only 2.5 points
I know about that interuption at 11 o'clock, it was also a good opportunity to cover the difference between the S&P 500 and the ES
Old Dec 4, 2002, 12:25am   #5

8 Posts
Joined Nov 2002

Check out:
www.money.net
Live Quotes + Charts with real time portofolio for only $14.95/month.

Regards,
Champtrade
champtrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2002, 6:54pm   #6

2 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
check this ... time allowing : http://www.esignal.com/esignal/pricing/default.asp - owned by http://www.ftinteractivedata.com/ - http://www.pearson.com/

regards

sonny
sonny is offline   Reply With Quote