Coding Indicator Prorealtime

This is a discussion on Coding Indicator Prorealtime within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; can anyone code an idicator for pro real time?? im flumoxed...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 22, 2008, 7:33pm   #1
Joined Mar 2007
Coding Indicator Prorealtime

can anyone code an idicator for pro real time??

im flumoxed
brutusdog is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 9:09pm   #2

Joined Mar 2003
Question Re: Coding Indicator Prorealtime

which one do u want.?
dentist007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:07pm   #3

Joined Oct 2006
In the first instance, I recommend that you check the site as there are a large number of indicators already coded.

"The trend is your friend and divergences are your best friend until the bend at the end"

Party on like it's 1930, until Mr C (Wave) gatecrashes the party.
fibonelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:12pm   #4
Joined Mar 2007
brutusdog started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonelli View Post
In the first instance, I recommend that you check the site as there are a large number of indicators already coded.
already done, this is a custom one and not currently on the site...
brutusdog is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2009, 8:11am   #5
dod

Joined Jan 2003
I've coded a few simple indicators for Prorealtime but I can't figure out how to create one that will put a visible mark above and below bars that qualify as 'Fractals'.

A Fractal, as I use it, is simply a high that has two lower highs to the left and two lower highs to the right; and a low that has two higher lows to the left and two higher lows to the right.

I just want these bar highs and lows to stand out without me having to peer at the screen.

Does anyone have any ideas how to code them; or maybe they're already coded? I think the word 'Fractal' is from Bill Williams; but the end result is the same as a Demark TL2.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 8:37am   #6
Joined Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dod View Post
I've coded a few simple indicators for Prorealtime but I can't figure out how to create one that will put a visible mark above and below bars that qualify as 'Fractals'.

A Fractal, as I use it, is simply a high that has two lower highs to the left and two lower highs to the right; and a low that has two higher lows to the left and two higher lows to the right.

I just want these bar highs and lows to stand out without me having to peer at the screen.

Does anyone have any ideas how to code them; or maybe they're already coded? I think the word 'Fractal' is from Bill Williams; but the end result is the same as a Demark TL2.
A quick and dirty solution would be to add a new indicator which returns 1 when High[5] < high[3], high[4] < high[3] etc and 0 at all other times. You can then set an alarm on this.
Crawsthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:50am   #7
Joined Sep 2004
In broad terms, usually you can grab some sample code from another indicator and then use that to give you a guide to the correct syntax. That's really all I do when I write pretty much any code - vba / macros etc etc