Coding Indicator Prorealtime

This is a discussion on Coding Indicator Prorealtime within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; can anyone code an idicator for pro real time?? im flumoxed...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 22, 2008, 8:33pm   #1
Joined Mar 2007
Coding Indicator Prorealtime

can anyone code an idicator for pro real time??

im flumoxed
brutusdog is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:09pm   #2

Joined Mar 2003
Question Re: Coding Indicator Prorealtime

which one do u want.?
dentist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:07pm   #3

Joined Oct 2006
In the first instance, I recommend that you check the site as there are a large number of indicators already coded.

"The trend is your friend and divergences are your best friend until the bend at the end"

Party on like it's 1930, until Mr C (Wave) gatecrashes the party.
fibonelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:12pm   #4
Joined Mar 2007
brutusdog started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonelli View Post
In the first instance, I recommend that you check the site as there are a large number of indicators already coded.
already done, this is a custom one and not currently on the site...
brutusdog is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:11am   #5
dod

Joined Jan 2003
I've coded a few simple indicators for Prorealtime but I can't figure out how to create one that will put a visible mark above and below bars that qualify as 'Fractals'.

A Fractal, as I use it, is simply a high that has two lower highs to the left and two lower highs to the right; and a low that has two higher lows to the left and two higher lows to the right.

I just want these bar highs and lows to stand out without me having to peer at the screen.

Does anyone have any ideas how to code them; or maybe they're already coded? I think the word 'Fractal' is from Bill Williams; but the end result is the same as a Demark TL2.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:37am   #6
Joined Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dod View Post
I've coded a few simple indicators for Prorealtime but I can't figure out how to create one that will put a visible mark above and below bars that qualify as 'Fractals'.

A Fractal, as I use it, is simply a high that has two lower highs to the left and two lower highs to the right; and a low that has two higher lows to the left and two higher lows to the right.

I just want these bar highs and lows to stand out without me having to peer at the screen.

Does anyone have any ideas how to code them; or maybe they're already coded? I think the word 'Fractal' is from Bill Williams; but the end result is the same as a Demark TL2.
A quick and dirty solution would be to add a new indicator which returns 1 when High[5] < high[3], high[4] < high[3] etc and 0 at all other times. You can then set an alarm on this.
Crawsthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:50am   #7
Joined Sep 2004
In broad terms, usually you can grab some sample code from another indicator and then use that to give you a guide to the correct syntax. That's really all I do when I write pretty much any code - vba / macros etc etc