Coding Indicator Prorealtime

This is a discussion on Coding Indicator Prorealtime within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Thanks for those speedy replies. They both sound like good ideas (I've done something similar to the second one before) ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:06am   #8
dod

Joined Jan 2003
Thanks for those speedy replies. They both sound like good ideas (I've done something similar to the second one before) and I'll try them out over the next couple of days. I'm a very slow worker when it comes to coding even the simplest thing.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:14pm   #9
Joined Sep 2004
just pick an indicator that resembles yours in it's structure (if that's possible). In your case I guess that probably means looking for code for identifying a candlestick pattern or something, rather than a moving average / oscillator type indicator.

Make sense?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:26pm   #10
dod

Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaJammer View Post
just pick an indicator that resembles yours in it's structure (if that's possible). In your case I guess that probably means looking for code for identifying a candlestick pattern or something, rather than a moving average / oscillator type indicator.

Make sense?
It makes perfect sense. I'm on the case. I've found a nifty collection of user created indicators hidden away on the Prorealtime website and I'm bowdlerising (if that's the right word) Three Black Crows.

I'm surprised nobody appears to have created a Fractal indicator already, though.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:15am   #11
dod

Joined Jan 2003
Fractal

I created a 'Long Fractal' indicator. The only problems are, it doesn't generate a blob on the price chart (or paint the bar in some way) but appears as an indicator beneath; and it doesn't show the fractal bar itself - that is, the middle bar - but the last bar that forms the Fractal.

This is the code I used:

LongFractal = (high[2]>high[3] and high[2]>high[4] and high[2]>high[1] and high[2]>high)

IF LongFractal THEN
result=1

ELSE
result=0
ENDIF

RETURN result AS "Detection of LongFractal"

I'm attaching a chart to show how it looks. If anyone has any ideas about creating a 'paint bar' indicator instead, or about shifting the indicator I have two bars to the left, to make it easier on the eye, that would be great.
Attached Thumbnails
spot-fx-aud_usd-.png  
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:55am   #12
Joined Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by dod View Post
.... I'm bowdlerising (if that's the right word) Three Black Crows.....
Surely the RSPCA will have something to say about that. Isn't that like bear baiting?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:18am   #13
dod

Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaJammer View Post
Surely the RSPCA will have something to say about that. Isn't that like bear baiting?
Aren't crows vermin? In which case, anything goes
Old May 23, 2009, 5:46am   #14

1 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
ProRealtime coding help

I'm trying to get something new to work in ProRealtime but I'm stumped and I've had no reply to my plea for help from ProRealtime.

Can one of the resident experts help please?

I'm trying to get Ehler's Cyber Cycle with inverse Fisher Transform to work but it seems that the PREV function that works fine in Metastock may be the issue.

This is the code I've got

pr= (High+Low)/2
a= 0.07
sp= (pr+(2*pr[1])+(2*pr[2])+pr[3])/6
cycle = (1-(.5*a))*(1-(0.5*a))*(sp-(2*sp[1])+sp[2]) + 2*(1-a)*cycle[1] - (1-a)*(1-a)*cycle[2]
CCIFT=(Exp(2*cycle)-1)/(Exp(2*cycle)+1)
return CCIFT

It is the 'cycle=' line that is rejected. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
casseldale is offline   Reply With Quote