Simulation Software

This is a discussion on Simulation Software within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; I'm looking for software to simulate real trading. I want to push the play button and take trades as I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:47am   #1
Joined Jan 2006
Simulation Software

I'm looking for software to simulate real trading. I want to push the play button and take trades as I would in any real time trading client. Also I want to be able to simulate 3-4 different stocks and commodities at the same time.

Thanks!

Last edited by ForexDude; Oct 12, 2007 at 12:12pm.
ForexDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2007, 3:09pm   #2

Joined Jun 2005
Try Ninja Trader with a free Open Tick feed. You may have to pay for your data for some exchanges but the platform is free in simulation mode which gives you a chance to get used to it They will charge if/when you decide to keep using the platform through another broker. Its $995 one off charge.

Hope this helps

And as somebody else pointed out to me on T2W.

THE WISEST MAN LEARNS BY HIS AND OTHER PEOPLES MISTAKES...................

Is diarrhoea hereditory or does it just run in your genes
gedward3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2007, 3:13pm   #3
Joined Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForexDude View Post
I'm looking for software to simulate real trading. I want to push the play button and take trades as I would in any real time trading client. Also I want to be able to simulate 3-4 different stocks and commodities at the same time.

Thanks!
metatrader4 demo accounts for the forex. Try a broker like alpari, and just download the demo MT4 from their web-site.
JTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2007, 1:21pm   #4
Joined Jan 2006
ForexDude started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrader View Post
metatrader4 demo accounts for the forex. Try a broker like alpari, and just download the demo MT4 from their web-site.
I want to trade historic prices like going back a few years and see if my skills hold up on different market conditions. Simulate trading based on history.

Thanks
ForexDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 6:37pm   #5
Joined Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForexDude View Post
I want to trade historic prices like going back a few years and see if my skills hold up on different market conditions. Simulate trading based on history.

Thanks
Metatrader is the ideal platform for this .You can get 3 years free data and many programmes are already written to test many different strategies on metatrader

Oilfxpro
oilfxpro is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:26am   #6
Joined Jan 2006
Has anyone heard of rapidSP?

It's a trading simulator, seems pretty good. Any comments from anyone who has used it would be appreciated.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:31pm   #7

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
RapidSP is pretty good
PeterD88 is offline   Reply With Quote