How to retrieve stock data in Excel

This is a discussion on How to retrieve stock data in Excel within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Hey, do you know whether there is a free Excel addon which can retrieve stock data from Yahoo Finance (or ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 21, 2007, 5:45pm   #1
Joined Jul 2006
How to retrieve stock data in Excel

Hey, do you know whether there is a free Excel addon which can retrieve stock data from Yahoo Finance (or other sources)?

I would like to retrieve stock data of a specific date. For example, when I input this function "=getclose(MSFT, 2007-01-01)", it will get the closing price of MSFT on 2007 Jan 01.

Thanks a lot.
Trader_Herry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:55pm   #2
Joined Jun 2006
Trader,

There are quite a few, though I can't remeber specific names. Do a Google search for "Excel data downloader" (or "data retrieval").

However, rather than specific dates I think most download data at regular intervals (end of day, intra-day).

Grant.
grantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:59pm   #3

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader_Herry View Post
Hey, do you know whether there is a free Excel addon which can retrieve stock data from Yahoo Finance (or other sources)?

I would like to retrieve stock data of a specific date. For example, when I input this function "=getclose(MSFT, 2007-01-01)", it will get the closing price of MSFT on 2007 Jan 01.

Thanks a lot.
Try

http://fransking.blogspot.com/2006/0...nto-excel.html

or just google

excel yahoo finance add in

to find loads more

Charlton
Old Aug 22, 2007, 3:33am   #4
Joined Jul 2006
Trader_Herry started this thread I googled but I can't find what I want. They won't allow me to specify what date of stock quote I want to retrieve.
For example I would like to get the closing price after the first month the stock goes public. But they can't do it.
Trader_Herry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 3:58pm   #5

1 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Re: How to retrieve stock data in Excel

Edgeseeker will do the trick for you:

www.edgeseeker.com
Edgeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:27pm   #6

1 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Lightbulb Re: How to retrieve stock data in Excel

There is a free and open source VBA solution that can download multiple security data for long time periods with the ability to set the data range. The solution can be downloaded from the page to download stock data to Excel.
Spreadsheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 2:01pm   #7

1 Posts
Joined May 2012
Re: How to retrieve stock data in Excel

You can try this:

stock excel macro | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net

It allows you to download datas from the Stock Exchange into the Excel file with one click. Required just insert a symbol (YHOO, MSFT, AAPL, etc..)

Contains this informations (for last 4Q):
- financial statement
- balance sheet
- cash flow
- price history
- daily summary
kuzelamacro is offline   Reply With Quote