Live audio market squawk. who's the best?

This is a discussion on Live audio market squawk. who's the best? within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by Jay.B So did listening to the noise give you any advntage on the market? Was good at ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 1, 2007, 4:26pm   #8
Joined Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay.B View Post
So did listening to the noise give you any advntage on the market?
Was good at a time when the S+P and the greenback were highly corerlated in the very short term (i.e. in quiet times when there's naff all else going on). Would use it to basically influence a small lean on my pricing as a market maker in FX. Not much more than that really. Doubt I'd use it again but was amusing for a while.

GJ

edit: nb this wasnt really a full service comentary type thing - just raw price action from the pit deilvered at pretty much realtime speed (hence the racing commentary analogy).
Old Aug 30, 2007, 5:08pm   #9
Joined Aug 2006
Sigma Squawk offer a 4 week free trial of the radio commentary as well as sending out research e-mails. Only ever heard good things and I know he covers quite a few offices in London and abroad so traders must like his pub DJ style
Anne Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 6:31pm   #10

Joined Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay.B View Post
The man sounds like a pub dj, he really does make me laugh.
"And the FTSE is up 3 points. Will the owner of the red Mondeo in the far end of the car park please move it as it is blocking someone in."
Old Sep 26, 2007, 2:12pm   #11

6 Posts
Joined May 2004
My name is Matthew Cheung I am one of the directors of RANsquawk. Just saw this thread and would like to say that we offer free trials to anyone of our 4 channels -stocks, bonds, FX or gold (all three).

We also provide morning sheets which go out before the bund, short sterling, and equities opens. We update our website through out the day with all the relevant and important data releases, speakers, rumours etc..

We will be launching an energy channel in the next few weeks which will be run by an experienced oil analyst. We already provide an energy rundown ahead of the NYMEX pit open.

We also provide technical sheets written by Shaun Downey (global head of technical analysis at CQG) on bonds/stirs (bund, bobl, schatz, UST, gilt, Euribor, Short Sterling, Eurodollar), stocks (dax, cac, eurostoxx, smi, ftse, s&P, nasdaq, dj) FX (all major pairs and crosses) and NYMEX crude and gold.

Please contact RANsquawk on info@ransquawk.com or +44 (0)20 7664 4321 for a free trial.

We DONT sound like a pub DJ....

Many thanks

Matthew Cheung
match is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Directional
Old Sep 26, 2007, 3:53pm   #12

Joined Feb 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by match View Post
i think the pub DJ thing is one of Sigma's selling points isnt it?

Interesting articles about proprietary trading, including whether you should pay a prop firm for training (don't).
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2007, 9:59pm   #13
Joined Jun 2006
I've had a trial of SquawkBox (S&P commentary). The background conversations one picks up are most fascinating, albeit pretty banal - football, best Chicago neighbourhoods (Southside), Bernanke ("Benny and the Jets"). Feels like eavesdroppping. Reckon someone said some things in confidence without realising a global audience.

One guy I heard everday sounded like a character from a 70's Shaft movie; but he was so cheerful - always laughing and joking, always cheered me up. He'd give instructions re positions/ exposure.

Grant.
grantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2007, 10:23pm   #14

Joined Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by match View Post
My name is Matthew Cheung I am one of the directors of RANsquawk. Just saw this thread and would like to say that we offer free trials to anyone of our 4 channels -stocks, bonds, FX or gold (all three).

We also provide morning sheets which go out before the bund, short sterling, and equities opens. We update our website through out the day with all the relevant and important data releases, speakers, rumours etc..

We will be launching an energy channel in the next few weeks which will be run by an experienced oil analyst. We already provide an energy rundown ahead of the NYMEX pit open.

We also provide technical sheets written by Shaun Downey (global head of technical analysis at CQG) on bonds/stirs (bund, bobl, schatz, UST, gilt, Euribor, Short Sterling, Eurodollar), stocks (dax, cac, eurostoxx, smi, ftse, s&P, nasdaq, dj) FX (all major pairs and crosses) and NYMEX crude and gold.

Please contact RANsquawk on info@ransquawk.com or +44 (0)20 7664 4321 for a free trial.

Many thanks

Matthew Cheung
Pub DJ or racing commentator?

Any chance of posting an audio file?

I've done my quota of free trials this year I'm afraid.

Thanks