Software to track trades from multiple sources entered manually

This is a discussion on Software to track trades from multiple sources entered manually within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Hi! I have an unusual need, and hoping someone can help. I have multiple buys and sells that I initiate ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:23pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Software to track trades from multiple sources entered manually

Hi!
I have an unusual need, and hoping someone can help. I have multiple buys and sells that I initiate through multiple accounts. I am simply looking for a program I can manually enter buys and sells that will track daily PL, current positions, past trades, and maybe some charting tools to analyze those trades. I have built spreadsheets, but they lack some features and finesse that would be nice to have. I have tried entering paper trades and adjusting cost on Think or Swim, but that is not simple and lacks a lot of information my spreadsheet calculates. An example of one feature that would be nice, would be to see buys and sells on a chart that would show me where I entered and exited shares over a 3 month period for example. Most important is tracking current trades, that whose buys and sells times and prices would be manually input. Does anyone have a recommendation for a solution? Thanks!

Chris
ctcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:00am   #2
Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcannon View Post
Hi!
I have an unusual need, and hoping someone can help. I have multiple buys and sells that I initiate through multiple accounts. I am simply looking for a program I can manually enter buys and sells that will track daily PL, current positions, past trades, and maybe some charting tools to analyze those trades. I have built spreadsheets, but they lack some features and finesse that would be nice to have. I have tried entering paper trades and adjusting cost on Think or Swim, but that is not simple and lacks a lot of information my spreadsheet calculates. An example of one feature that would be nice, would be to see buys and sells on a chart that would show me where I entered and exited shares over a 3 month period for example. Most important is tracking current trades, that whose buys and sells times and prices would be manually input. Does anyone have a recommendation for a solution? Thanks!

Chris
Hi Chris,

You can try TradingDiary Pro. It has an automated import for Thinkorswim and you can check your PnL, open positions, plots entry/exit points on the chart and many more.
kardkovacsi is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 3:17am   #3

6 Posts
Joined May 2018
Home Made Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcannon View Post
Hi!

Chris
Lean how to write VB Macros in EXCEL. Visual Basic is very simple programming language. It is worth while to learn. You can maximize the potential of the EXCEl
Spreadsheet
CajunFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: awe
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:49am   #4
Joined Apr 2017
Hi Chris,

I use and can highly recommend the software https://www.stockportfolioorganizer.com
HobbyTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:17pm   #5

1 Posts
Joined Sep 2018
Hi, can I ask you what platform are you using?
tradingstratagem is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote