Thinkorswim: Good choice for a first time paper account ?

This is a discussion on Thinkorswim: Good choice for a first time paper account ? within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; I'm still in the learning stages, really in the learning stages lol. I wanna just open a accurate trading account. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:04am   #1

8 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
Thinkorswim: Good choice for a first time paper account ?

I'm still in the learning stages, really in the learning stages lol. I wanna just open a accurate trading account. I've come down to td's thinkorswim since it seem to be the best talked about for beginners.

That said. Will it provide everything I need ? Is there something else that I will need that TOS doesn't provide ?

Thanks, everyone.
BCV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:39am   #2

9 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
You need to put more details about "everything you need" for others to really understand what you need. Every platform is different in one-way or the other. But the fact that you decided with ThinkorSwim says that it does provide what you need for the time being and that should be sufficient for any beginner.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:41pm   #3

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV12 View Post
I'm still in the learning stages, really in the learning stages lol. I wanna just open a accurate trading account. I've come down to td's thinkorswim since it seem to be the best talked about for beginners.

That said. Will it provide everything I need ? Is there something else that I will need that TOS doesn't provide ?

Thanks, everyone.
Itís a good start, check it out and after a while check IB and see which one you like more and after that, check the other discount brokers until you find your best fit, itís all free , so nothing to lose but a bit of time...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:05am   #4

8 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
BCV12 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Itís a good start, check it out and after a while check IB and see which one you like more and after that, check the other discount brokers until you find your best fit, itís all free , so nothing to lose but a bit of time...
IB..Interactive broker ?

Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:07pm   #5

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
IB..Interactive broker ?

Thanks.
Yes Sir!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Thanks! The following members like this post: BCV12
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:31pm   #6
Joined Feb 2016
I am also trying to learn about this. So don't have better knowledge on that. Sorry!
Hency Corniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:16am   #7

8 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
BCV12 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Sorry to keep bothering you. But you say its free. Would that mean the live stock ticker data would be delayed by 5-10-15, or more minutes ? I heard you have to pay to get real live min ticker.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:56pm   #8

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Sorry to keep bothering you. But you say its free. Would that mean the live stock ticker data would be delayed by 5-10-15, or more minutes ? I heard you have to pay to get real live min ticker.
Unfortunately for live data feed you'll have to pay, but it is usually less than $100 a month...