Thinkorswim: Good choice for a first time paper account ?

This is a discussion on Thinkorswim: Good choice for a first time paper account ? within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; So I got it up and running. However to get the live data/real time quotes I have to go to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:57am   #9
Joined Nov 2017
BCV12 started this thread So I got it up and running. However to get the live data/real time quotes I have to go to the real time trading, its free for 60 days. If I start trading with the real time will I get hit or charged with the loses ? I didn't actually set up any sort of account with TD, besides email and downloading the TOS.

Thanks.
BCV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:42pm   #10

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV12 View Post
So I got it up and running. However to get the live data/real time quotes I have to go to the real time trading, its free for 60 days. If I start trading with the real time will I get hit or charged with the loses ? I didn't actually set up any sort of account with TD, besides email and downloading the TOS.

Thanks.
Did you fund the account with your money? If you don't have an account and sent money to fund it, you won't be able to live trade...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2018, 5:10am   #11

Joined Jan 2013
good choice. the data is free if you open an account.
jjames69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:47am   #12
Joined Nov 2017
BCV12 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Did you fund the account with your money? If you don't have an account and sent money to fund it, you won't be able to live trade...
Sorry for late replay, been having computer issue for the past week. No I didn't set up any banking account, just an email and password. I thought paper trading was all fake money and live trading only way to use it was to set up an actual account.

But when I get live data its in the live trading, just wondering if I buy a share will that come back to me, or is it still paper money till I call up and actually set up a real account ?

Sorry to keep posting this, I know its dumb, but I rather ask then learn the hard way. Thanks.
BCV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:25pm   #13

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV12 View Post
Sorry for late replay, been having computer issue for the past week. No I didn't set up any banking account, just an email and password. I thought paper trading was all fake money and live trading only way to use it was to set up an actual account.

But when I get live data its in the live trading, just wondering if I buy a share will that come back to me, or is it still paper money till I call up and actually set up a real account ?

Sorry to keep posting this, I know its dumb, but I rather ask then learn the hard way. Thanks.
Hello again, there are no dumb questions, everyone had to start from the begging... all that said, for vendor specific questions, is always best to call them up and get the answers from the source, but if you did not transfer any money to the platform, all you see is demo/paper money...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: BCV12