Interactive Technical Analysis Education

This is a discussion on Interactive Technical Analysis Education within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by Nowler Thanks for the explanation. Perhaps not a simulator. Just a teaching tool for learning the basics ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:34pm   #9

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
Thanks for the explanation.

Perhaps not a simulator.
Just a teaching tool for learning the basics of technical analysis
That's the problem with the technical analysis, isn't it?
It works, but only sometimes :-)

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:03pm   #10
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
That's the problem with the technical analysis, isn't it?
It works, but only sometimes :-)
I am a firm believer in not doing things for people, but rather helping them help themselves. Of course there are instances where I will do things FOR people instead of WITH them. If you give a man a fish (strategy) he eats for the day (his rewards are limited) but if you teach a man to fish (how to get their reward as a result of their own process) then he eats for a lifetime...

I would much prefer to be taught the basics and then build my own system than to take on a system tailored to someone else. This is not unique to my trading.
Nowler is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lee Shepherd
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:41pm   #11

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
I am a firm believer in not doing things for people, but rather helping them help themselves. Of course there are instances where I will do things FOR people instead of WITH them. If you give a man a fish (strategy) he eats for the day (his rewards are limited) but if you teach a man to fish (how to get their reward as a result of their own process) then he eats for a lifetime...

I would much prefer to be taught the basics and then build my own system than to take on a system tailored to someone else. This is not unique to my trading.
Absolutely, with that attitude, I am sure you are going to succeed! Cheers and tight lines!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:58pm   #12
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Absolutely, with that attitude, I am sure you are going to succeed! Cheers and tight lines!
Tight lines...
I like that.
Totally going to start saying it from now on!

Cheers
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:24pm   #13

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Tight lines...
I like that.
Totally going to start saying it from now on!

Cheers
Glad you like it, went fishing this morning and thought it would be appropriate saying to bridge the two hobbies :-)

Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:47pm   #14
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Glad you like it, went fishing this morning and thought it would be appropriate saying to bridge the two hobbies :-)
I enjoy a bit of fishing myself! And am from a fishing family. That's why the saying stood out.

I mainly only go Mackerel fishing from shore around August but on occasion I will go bass fishing. The only fish I've ever caught is pollock and mackerel

I really only go for the tranquillity and to sometimes stand in the water and fish I don't mind if I catch nothing. I'd like to go out on a boat and fish some day... Tuna fishing actually!! Fish on!!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:13am   #15

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
I enjoy a bit of fishing myself! And am from a fishing family. That's why the saying stood out.

I mainly only go Mackerel fishing from shore around August but on occasion I will go bass fishing. The only fish I've ever caught is pollock and mackerel

I really only go for the tranquillity and to sometimes stand in the water and fish I don't mind if I catch nothing. I'd like to go out on a boat and fish some day... Tuna fishing actually!! Fish on!!
Fish on mate, I am back into carp fishing, going for few hours every day (for the next few weeks until everything freezes over :-)

Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:48pm   #16
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Fish on mate, I am back into carp fishing, going for few hours every day (for the next few weeks until everything freezes over :-)
Result!
I've never been carp fishing but I recently watched a fishing program (name escapes me) where a batch of young lads competed against each other and then the winner went on to fish against some older fella who is supposedly good at it. I wouldn't overly enjoy fishing on the tv but I do reckon that I'd enjoy carp fishing...I think it was carp fishing anyway! haha

Fishing for Tuna is something on my to-do list...imagine that kind of battle with a fish! The biggest fight i've ever had was 6 mackerel on a...35lb line...that was only really a battle because my reel was crap.

Anyway!
Enjoy the fishing mate!