Add US$ Index to MT4

This is a discussion on Add US$ Index to MT4 within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Hi, anyone know how to add the Dollar Index to MT4? I've got a demo account with FXCM using the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:03pm   #1
Joined Jan 2015
Add US$ Index to MT4

Hi, anyone know how to add the Dollar Index to MT4?

I've got a demo account with FXCM using the MT4 software but when I go to symbols the dollar index doesn't appear.
asimpleplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:43pm   #2

Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by asimpleplan View Post
Hi, anyone know how to add the Dollar Index to MT4?

I've got a demo account with FXCM using the MT4 software but when I go to symbols the dollar index doesn't appear.
Hi simpleplan,

You can find the dollar index listed as USDOLLAR in the Market Watch window. If you don't see it listed in the Market Watch window, goto the top of the platform and click on View > Symbols. In the Symbols window, scroll down and select USDOLLAR, and then click on the Show button. This should make the USDOLLAR symbol appear in the Market Watch window.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason
Jason Rogers is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:01pm   #3
Joined Jul 2004
mt4 lesson 1

right click in market window > show all
kalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:10pm   #4
Joined Jan 2015
asimpleplan started this thread Gee, I never thought to look on google or youtube.
Attached Thumbnails
us-index.jpg   us-index1.jpg  
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:13pm   #5
Joined Jan 2015
asimpleplan started this thread Hopefully those screenshots show I've understood your instructions but unfortunately I can't see the USDOLLAR symbol anywhere.

In the second screenshot I've looked in every folder but it's NOT there.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:13pm   #6

Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by asimpleplan View Post
Hopefully those screenshots show I've understood your instructions but unfortunately I can't see the USDOLLAR symbol anywhere.

In the second screenshot I've looked in every folder but it's NOT there.
Hi simpleplan,

The screenshots you posted do not show an FXCM demo. You will need to register for an FXCM MT4 demo and download FXCM's MT4 platform to get access to the USDOLLAR index https://www.fxcm.com/uk/mt4-trading-demo/

That will solve the problem

Jason
Jason Rogers is offline Broker   Reply With Quote