MLDownloader now won't download quotes

This is a discussion on MLDownloader now won't download quotes within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Is anybody else experiencing the same problem and knows how to fix it? It says "Could not connect to the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:51pm   #1

5 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
MLDownloader now won't download quotes

Is anybody else experiencing the same problem and knows how to fix it?

It says "Could not connect to the Internet! (time out)". Yet my internet connection does work, yet now I always get the above message. I heard previously that Yahoo changed something that caused my HQuote Pro to stop downloading quotes, so is it the same issue with MLDownloader? It at least seemed to work for a short while after HQuote Pro stopped downloading quotes, but now has stopped working.

I did try using the alternative "EOD Data Server" in MLDownloader, but it was confusing in that it seemed to show "Google Finance" after I had chosen "msn.com" from the 'EOD Data Server" menu, and so the alternative server wouldn't download quotes either. So at this point I have no way to download quotes.

Brian
BP48072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:15pm   #2
Joined May 2013
Yahoo changed the API due to merge with Verizon, people in key positions were fired or left, the data is all messed up now, no adjusted close. MSN stopped long ago. Only Amibroker developer was able to fix Amiquote to download from yahoo but how long will that work? It seems free is coming to an end.
Solas0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:03am   #3

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
That is a pity as Ive been a long time ML-Downloader user. I can't get no to trading-tools.com website either. Is it down for everyone or just me?

regards

Paul
Icemanmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:23pm   #4

5 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
BP48072 started this thread One answer - although it won't save your work - is to download NinjaTrader (free) and use its free EOD data. You can leave it and all charts open until you have to close it for a Windows update.
BP48072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:34am   #5

3 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
This idiot Peter Zierl has the software verufy that it is registered (paid for) through his server. If you notice everytime his trading-tools.com is down, the ML Downloader does not work. Nothing to do with Yahoo, this jackass obviously can not pay his server bill, and us paying customers are ripped off because of the way he wrote the software, unless someone can find a hacker that can take this server verification off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP48072 View Post
Is anybody else experiencing the same problem and knows how to fix it?

It says "Could not connect to the Internet! (time out)". Yet my internet connection does work, yet now I always get the above message. I heard previously that Yahoo changed something that caused my HQuote Pro to stop downloading quotes, so is it the same issue with MLDownloader? It at least seemed to work for a short while after HQuote Pro stopped downloading quotes, but now has stopped working.

I did try using the alternative "EOD Data Server" in MLDownloader, but it was confusing in that it seemed to show "Google Finance" after I had chosen "msn.com" from the 'EOD Data Server" menu, and so the alternative server wouldn't download quotes either. So at this point I have no way to download quotes.

Brian
steveg1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:17pm   #6

3 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
Now Working cause site is back up

again now working cause his site is up. I encourage everyone to email this idiot and force him to get rid of the server check, I would be glad to investigate a class action against him.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:32am   #7

6 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
Dear steveg,

no, the mldownloader doesn't work still.
whitedolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:29pm   #8

3 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedolphin View Post
Dear steveg,

no, the mldownloader doesn't work still.
Has been working for me