Automated trading really works.

This is a discussion on Automated trading really works. within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Well if anyone knows of a profitable EA I am willing to take a look....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:09pm   #17

Joined Mar 2004
Well if anyone knows of a profitable EA I am willing to take a look.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:51am   #18

Joined Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Well if anyone knows of a profitable EA I am willing to take a look.
Some robots are profitable short term but I never saw any robot what is profitable in the long run.

Truth is 'context is king' and simple 'if/then' rules as used in robots are not enough.
perosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:35pm   #19

Joined Jul 2017
If you have a systematic approach to the market it is very easy to automate your system using your broker API and it is much better than to watch screens all day long and miss something because you went to the can for example... This is the ultimate goal to develop a system that will run on autopilot without human intervention and your job should be to only monitor the system and watch for bugs or small improvements... In my case I am more concern with disaster recovery strategies right now, e.g. what will happen if my broker or the company I am hosting servers with suddenly went bankrupt or something...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:24pm   #20

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
In my case I am more concern with disaster recovery strategies right now, e.g. what will happen if my broker or the company I am hosting servers with suddenly went bankrupt or something...
Counterparty risk. Spread it about a bit. Only keep a percentage in your broker accounts, if things get hot you can always top up. If they really go bye bye then you still have some roll left.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:42pm   #21

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktone View Post
Counterparty risk. Spread it about a bit. Only keep a percentage in your broker accounts, if things get hot you can always top up. If they really go bye bye then you still have some roll left.
Actually I am thinking of splitting my account between different brokers and now I am testing their APIs and since they are government regulated and insured I won't lose my money - just won't have access to them until the bankruptcy is settled in the worst case scenario...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:43pm   #22

Joined Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
In my case I am more concern with disaster recovery strategies right now, e.g. what will happen if my broker or the company I am hosting servers with suddenly went bankrupt or something...
Totally agree with your concerns
itspossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:52am   #23

5 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
Since the topic is on automation, do check out [Link Removed]. It is a stock automation platform we've been working on.

Thanks

Last edited by Trader333; Oct 15, 2017 at 4:03pm.
Johnmcc is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:01pm   #24
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmcc View Post
Since the topic is on automation, do check out [link removed]. It is a stock automation platform we've been working on.

Thanks
Why don't you make profit with it ?

Last edited by Trader333; Oct 15, 2017 at 4:03pm.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote