Formula help

This is a discussion on Formula help within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by jensfrode Hi again! "I simply do not know what’s wrong with your computer – contact Equis through ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 19, 2006, 12:26pm   #31
Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensfrode
Hi again!

"I simply do not know what’s wrong with your computer – contact Equis through the link I gave you, it is in their interest to help you."

Yes i have tried these, some problems i get an answare to and other they dont reply or forget??
Please can you only tell me this. if you paste in Bostian Intraday formula Eduardos inside your indicator: Does it work in your metastock??

{Bostian's Intraday Intensity Index }
var1 := (((2*C)-H)-L);
var1 := If(var1=0,0.01,var1);
var2 := (H-L);
var2 := If(var2=0,0.01,var2);
var3 := Sum((var1/var2)* VOLUME,21);
var4 := (Sum(VOLUME,21));
var5 := (var3/var4);
II := var5 *100;

II

the text cursor is blinking

var1 := If(var1=0, HERE 0.01,var1);

and when i do like this, its working

var1 := If(var1=0,01,var1);

Iwe learned a lot from you..thanks again i will soon be back.Keep up the good work.

Jeru
Hello jensfrode,

Tell you what: post your query in this group:
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/equismetastock/
and chances are that you’ll get some help.
I have copied and pasted that indicator on my MS indicator builder, and attached to a chart, and there isn’t any problem whatsoever, so it is possible that something is wrong with your computer.
Unfortunately, I do not know what it could be; if, ultimately, nothing can be done, you will need to contact an expert in Microsoft Systems and ask his help.
I sincerely hope that the group will be able to help; some of them are programmers.

Eduardo.

ZEPPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 12:44pm   #32
Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersteroid2000
hi eduardo do you mind to give me a bit favor. I dont know how to define cross20 days in 1 month
>
> if the formula for cross 20 days high is
> Cross(C,Ref(HHV(H,20),-1))
>
> how can I write so that the meaning of the formula become cross 20
> high in 1 month?????
>
>
> many Thanks
Hello hypersteroid2000,

I’m sure that everyone wants to help you, myself inclusive, if we actually knew what is it that you want! Very simply, we are confused; please, rephrase in more detail what do you want us to do, because we do not know.
Need proof? You’ve posted the same message to the equismetastock group, and received the following answer: “ HUH?”
The person who gave you that answer, Jose Silva, is probably the closest Metastock has got to the Messiah, so if he is confused, imagine the rest of us!
Please, hypersteroid2000, take your time, and in your own words, explain as much as you can how we can help you.
Regards.

Eduardo.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 2:54pm   #33
Joined Aug 2006

jensfrode started this thread Hello Zeppo and Jose!

I have tried more on the issue and i done what you said E.

go to Start- Settings- Control Panel- Regional and Language Options- Regional Options tab- Customize- Numbers; you can manipulate your settings from there.

And after some trying i got it right like . not , and so on.

And now im glad to say, to you both, "your" formula work fine.

I really hope i can get back to you another time, for more help,you never know..even perhaps today. Never know when i run into something i dont understand

Jeru
jensfrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 3:47pm   #34
Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensfrode
Hello Zeppo and Jose!

I have tried more on the issue and i done what you said E.

go to Start- Settings- Control Panel- Regional and Language Options- Regional Options tab- Customize- Numbers; you can manipulate your settings from there.

And after some trying i got it right like . not , and so on.

And now im glad to say, to you both, "your" formula work fine.

I really hope i can get back to you another time, for more help,you never know..even perhaps today. Never know when i run into something i dont understand

Jeru
Cheers, well done jensfrode, I’m glad you could sort the matter out, as I really didn’t know how to help you!
After you have finished with the Formula Primer, you might want to follow this link:
http://www.metastocktips.co.nz ; it is a newsletter that is recommended to every Metastock owner; please, note that I take no financial, nor any other type of, gain by promoting this newsletter; but every subscriber agrees that it is very good value for money. I recommend it.
Also you might want to join the equismetastock group, where members help each other with coding enquiries, ideas, etc…; follow this link:
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/equismetastock/
And, once more, well done.
Good trading.

Eduardo