Tick Chart for MT4

This is a discussion on Tick Chart for MT4 within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; pretty good gives alot more clarity...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:13pm   #17

Joined Mar 2003
pretty good
gives alot more clarity
dentist007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:43pm   #18

Joined Sep 2013
RW Tick Chart indicator v1.16 released

rainwood started this thread RW Tick Chart indicator v1.16 has been released.

Here is what's new in version 1.16:

• additional indicators: some MT4 built-in indicators (Stochastics, MACD, CCI and RSI) have been modified so that they are now in sync with the tick chart in the indicator window. By adding these indicators to the main chart (where RW Tick Chart indicator is already present) they will show values based on the tick chart

• trendline support: RW Tick Chart indicator has been modified to be more 'trendline friendly' - i.e. trendlines added to the tick chart in the indicator window will now move in sync with the tick chart

• history tick data download: RW Tick Chart is now able to download history tick data from 3rd party data provider. This feature can be enabled or disabled and may be a help for those traders who don't want to run their computer 24/7 to collect tick data

Last edited by Trader333; Jan 8, 2016 at 5:52pm.
rainwood is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:30pm   #19

Joined Sep 2013
RW Tick Chart v1.17 has been released

rainwood started this thread New version of RW Tick Chart indicator has been released.

Here is what's new in version 1.17:

additional indicators: besides the tick chart based indicators released in the last version (Stochastics, MACD, CCI and RSI) we have added tick chart based versions of Williams %R, Momentum and Standard Deviation indicator

button added to open offline chart: if offline tick charts are enabled, a button will be shown in the indicator window which makes it easier to open the corresponding offline tick chart

optimizations and bugfixes since the last version

Last edited by Trader333; Jan 8, 2016 at 5:52pm.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:49am   #20

Joined Sep 2013
RW Tick Chart v1.18 has been released

rainwood started this thread New version of RW Tick Chart indicator has become available

Here is what's new in version 1.18:

1. automatic copy of main chart trendlines to tick chart: if enabled, the trendlines on the main chart will be copied to the tick chart

2. alert when MAs cross: sound and alert window notifications can be enabled for the case when the two built-in Moving Averages cross

3. open trades visible on tick chart: current open trades are marked on the tick chart with open price, stop loss and take profit lines (the same way as they appear on the main chart)

4. Accelerator added as additional indicator: tick chart based Accelerator indicator has been added to the downloadable indicator package

5. history tick data download improved: more than 1 month of history tick data can be downloaded for the tick chart

Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:56pm   #21
ukt
Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwood View Post
New version of RW Tick Chart indicator has become available

Here is what's new in version 1.18:
I have found that Expert not called on offline chart by RW indicator.
Their are freely available .hst makers that use PostMessageW()... which cause OnTick() to be called.

Can RW do the same - any time soon?

Thanks
ukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:58am   #22

Joined Sep 2013
New build of RW Tick Chart v1.18

rainwood started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukt View Post
I have found that Expert not called on offline chart by RW indicator.
Can RW do the same - any time soon?
This has been solved now.

RW Tick Chart indicator used a different method to call OnTick() function of the Expert Advisors, but it required a little modification to the EA.

Now we have created a new build of RW Tick Chart v1.18, which calls the OnTick() function of the Expert Advisors (added to offline charts) and it doesn't require any modification of the EA. The new build has been uploaded to our website. If you have purchased the indicator and have a valid license, just download the indicator again to have the latest build.

Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:49am   #23
ukt
Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwood View Post
This has been solved now.

RW Tick Chart indicator used a different method to call OnTick() function of the Expert Advisors, but it required a little modification to the EA.

Now we have created a new build of RW Tick Chart v1.18, which calls the OnTick() function of the Expert Advisors (added to offline charts) and it doesn't require any modification of the EA. The new build has been uploaded to our website. If you have purchased the indicator and have a valid license, just download the indicator again to have the latest build.

Thanks for reply. Please find .mq4 attached to this reply. It would be good if you would download, compile and attach to RW Tick Chart.

Obviously, I would like feedback as to what if anything, I have misunderstood.

I again have to say that any EA applied to any combination of RW settings fails to cause OnTick() to be called.

This is my experience with the following environment:
**RWtickchart.1.18
Default settings used with one setting toggled differently the 'Offline chart' input defaults to OFF which I alter to Enabled. Nothing else has been touched.
**MT4 V4.00 Build950 (23Dec2015)
**Standard install/updates etc. Win7Pro on desktop PC

Terminal Tab O/P from starting RW+attached EA (compiled..)
2016.02.04 07:36:17.839 If-Called-OnTick-Displays-BuiltIns USDCAD,M9: initialized
2016.02.04 07:36:17.839 If-Called-OnTick-Displays-BuiltIns USDCAD,M9: Symbol()=USDCAD, Period()=9
2016.02.04 07:36:16.191 Expert If-Called-OnTick-Displays-BuiltIns USDCAD,M9: loaded successfully
2016.02.04 07:35:07.716 RWtickchart.1.18 USDCAD,M1: initialized
2016.02.04 07:34:58.438 RWtickchart.1.18 USDCAD,M1: E:\Program Files (x86)\Global Prime - MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Libraries\RWtickchart.1.18.dll
2016.02.04 07:34:58.438 RWtickchart.1.18 USDCAD,M1: Your CID is: 980644CD1A672B39DE4DA4DA68F51A45
2016.02.04 07:34:44.059 Custom indicator RWtickchart.1.18 USDCAD,M1: loaded successfully

(as an aside) the only way at present for my EAs to have OnTick() called is via kludge mod: OnTimer() handler used to run every nnMilliseconds. It makes call to OnTick()... It works ok however numerous implications to doing this.

If there is any further information required, please say.

Thanks..

edit: "..Period()=9" is incorrect for actual .hst record Volume datum. RW default settings use '9' but "Number of ticks per candle" set to 30. Not issue, only saying, as wanted to only change minimum on default RW settings
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 If-Called-OnTick-Displays-BuiltIns.mq4 (2.3 KB, 99 views)

Last edited by ukt; Feb 4, 2016 at 9:03am. Reason: clarify attachments O/P
ukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:16am   #24

Joined Sep 2013
rainwood started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukt View Post
... Please find .mq4 attached to this reply. It would be good if you would download, compile and attach to RW Tick Chart...
I just downloaded and checked your test EA. I added it to an offline tick chart and it works as expected.

So it seems the problem is a local issue at your computer. To solve it I recommend the following steps:
  1. please double check if you have downloaded RW Tick Chart indicator again to have the latest build (it has been uploaded this week on Monday, 1st of February)

2. please make sure to set the updating frequency of the offline charts (if you would like to have the offline chart updated at every tick then set it accordingly - check the screenshot below)

Click the image to open in full size.

Hope this helps.