TradeStation

This is a discussion on TradeStation within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; TradeStation is now free if you make just 10 futures roundturns per month, it used to be 500. It now ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 2, 2005, 1:25am   #1
Joined Mar 2003
TradeStation

TradeStation is now free if you make just 10 futures roundturns per month, it used to be 500.

It now seems a very cheap alternative for charting, programming and backtesting having decades of data available.

They have also reduced their commissions see: -

http://www.tradestation.com/popups/f...rkets/cbot.htm
Old Dec 2, 2005, 9:15am   #2

Joined Feb 2005
not quite free - you still have to pay the exchange fee's for data, but the $99 for the platform is waived if you do some trades
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 2:55pm   #3
TWI

Joined Jan 2004
Also, they still have not got any EU price feeds, despite promising it for over 3 years.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:59pm   #4
Joined Dec 2002
Question Re: TradeStation

Tradestation still have not got any EU price feeds. It is possible to use add-on tools like hyperserver from hypertrader in order to get non-native datafeeds into TS2000i at least.

I'm not sure if hyperserver allows you connect non-native datafeeds into TS8.1, or how smooth such a setup would be. Does anyone know of any software that allows you to connect non-native datafeeds such as LSE to TS8.1, and if so, how smooth is the operation of this set-up? (this option is/would be more complicated and more expensive than running European datafeeds native to TS8.1 though)

Many thanks

jtrader.

Last edited by jtrader; Dec 3, 2005 at 2:45pm.
JTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 1:56pm   #5
Joined Dec 2003
TS8.1 accepts 3rd party data if you upgrade to Service Pack 1. I think it claims to do it on a real time basis but I haven't tried it personally. I have used it to look at daily data for various indices etc. and it is a reasonably flexible process to set up in terms of defining flexible file formats searching for and opening data files etc. I use Hquote to generate csv files from Yahoo and it took me about 30 minutes to set up the TS side of it.
garethb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 2:04pm   #6
Joined Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by garethb
TS8.1 accepts 3rd party data if you upgrade to Service Pack 1. I think it claims to do it on a real time basis but I haven't tried it personally. I have used it to look at daily data for various indices etc. and it is a reasonably flexible process to set up in terms of defining flexible file formats searching for and opening data files etc. I use Hquote to generate csv files from Yahoo and it took me about 30 minutes to set up the TS side of it.
Can you do it the other way round, ie can you convert data from TS8 into, say, Metastock files that can be read by other software?

Is there any way of feeding TS2000i with TS data via TS8 or otherwise?
LevII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 2:08pm   #7
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
Tradestation still have not got any EU price feeds. It is possible to use add-on tools like hyperserver from hypertrader in order to get non-native datafeeds into TS2000i at least.
Yes and it works well

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 2:44pm   #8
Joined Dec 2002
Smile Re: TradeStation

Quote:
Levll - Is there any way of feeding TS2000i with TS data via TS8 or otherwise?
Why would you want to feed TS8 data into TS2000i? Would it not be better just just use TS8.1?

It is surprising that TS do not cover European markets. Considering that they have around 25,000 subscribers, who lets say are paying an average of $100 per month. Thats $30 million turnover per year.

If they covered European markets also, the number of subscribers would increase significantly, one would think.

TS may need to expand their operation, take on more staff etc. if they started covering the European markets, but they would surely become a bigger, wider used and more profitable company.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 4:58pm   #9
Joined Jan 2004
Quote:
Why would you want to feed TS8 data into TS2000i? Would it not be better just just use TS8.1?
To use radar scan in 2000i rather than pay for it in 8.1
LevII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 6:16pm   #10
Joined Dec 2002
Question Re: TradeStation

Does radarscreen not come with TS8.1? How much extra does it cost on top of the $99-199 TS8.1 subscription, to have TS8.1's radarscreen?

Cheers

jtrader.