Recommended Software

This is a discussion on Recommended Software within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; I`m currently using TC2005 and for the most part quite happy with it, scrolling through the scans and watchlist`s is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 9, 2005, 3:08pm   #1
Joined Jun 2005
Recommended Software

I`m currently using TC2005 and for the most part quite happy with it, scrolling through the scans and watchlist`s is excellent using the spacebar, but considering the monthly cost of the Gold version and having to manually update the prices with a 20 min delay it gets to be a grind.

I have read the software reviews but some are very dated, has anyone any up to date experiance they could share. I`m use I.B. to trade just U.S. stocks and am trying to devote more time to trading with a mixed success rate.

Last question, I have posted this before without receiving an answer.

When looking at a company and find some director buys, there may be a notice to sell those shares. How much notice do they have to give of the sale and is there a time limit on the sale.

Thanks

Last edited by deepete; Oct 9, 2005 at 9:19pm.
deepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 6:35pm   #2

Joined Feb 2005
Have you looked into TradeStation? good for US futures and stocks, but doesnt cater for any non-US markets which is a big downside. If you're an active trader, the platform fee is waived.

if you're using IB already, and if cost is an issue then why not check out some of the front ends that bolt onto the IB TWS?
http://www.medved.net/QuoteTracker/index_nn.asp
http://www.ibcharts.com
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 7:54pm   #3

Joined Aug 2005
Hi,

I just switched broker and am now with IB.
I am using an Appl ibook G4 and have difficulties finding software applications that work with mac.

I wonder if any of you with IB is using a mac and can be so kind to give me some suggestions.

THX
P
Bitstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 9:28pm   #4

Joined Aug 2005
bump?
Bitstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 11:04pm   #5
Joined Jun 2005
deepete started this thread Thanks for the links Arbitrageur, I will look them over

Peter
deepete is offline   Reply With Quote