Stock Correlation Software

This is a discussion on Stock Correlation Software within the Trading Software forums, part of the Commercial category; Can Anyone Tell Me Which Would Be The Lowest Priced Software For Determining Stock Price Movement Correlations Please I Am ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 5, 2005, 11:44am   #1
Joined Nov 2003
Stock Correlation Software

Can Anyone Tell Me Which Would Be The Lowest Priced Software For Determining Stock Price Movement Correlations Please

I Am Looking Primarily At Uk And European Shares And Would Like Correlations Down To Say Within A 2 Hr Period, As Opposed To Just Weekly Or Daily
GARREI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 7:55pm   #2

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
The cheapest software is EXCEL.

Just get the required data and use the Correl function. This will give you the correlation betwen the two data sets.
SIMONMiller119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 5:28pm   #3

Joined Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARREI View Post
Can Anyone Tell Me Which Would Be The Lowest Priced Software For Determining Stock Price Movement Correlations Please

I Am Looking Primarily At Uk And European Shares And Would Like Correlations Down To Say Within A 2 Hr Period, As Opposed To Just Weekly Or Daily

I think you are looking for noise then. Stock correlations make sense only in medium to longer term.
trader3cnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 6:05pm   #4
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader3cnd View Post
I think you are looking for noise then. Stock correlations make sense only in medium to longer term.
In my view it depends on what correlation you are measuring. There are effective ways to measure stock correlation on an intra-day basis that can apply for as low as 30 minutes.

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 8:49pm   #5
Joined Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMONMiller119 View Post
The cheapest software is EXCEL.

Just get the required data and use the Correl function. This will give you the correlation betwen the two data sets.
Open Office Calc is cheaper, infinitely cheaper in fact.

Ben
Old Aug 18, 2008, 8:43am   #6

Joined Aug 2008
I think you may want to look at daily correlations first as intra-day correlations can be un-reliable, and very hard to trade on, unless you have sophisicated, automated bots with a direct line to the exchange and pay comissions in cents not dollars then you may have a chance otherwise trading pairs on a daily basis can be very profitable, just google pair trading software and you will find what your looking for, i use some for my trading.
stocktrader77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:06am   #7
Joined Aug 2008
The recent stock does not seem to be very good, oh, the economic impact of red zone.
butidonot is offline Hardware vendor   Reply With Quote