Elliott Wave EUR/USD

This is a discussion on Elliott Wave EUR/USD within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Sounds like you had some fireworks on your own. Hey, a little quick mathematics for you. (I did not cheat.). ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:49am   #113

Joined Jun 2010
Re: Elliott Wave EUR/USD

Sounds like you had some fireworks on your own.
Hey, a little quick mathematics for you. (I did not cheat.). Assuming you got married on a Saturday, then your anniversay was on Monday.
I am tickled for you. You got EW going for you, and a wonderful marriage (That's what it sounds like.)
Great! I'll be waiting on your charts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahDave View Post
Hey Pipcounter, I had a nice 24th anniversary trip with my wife. It looks like I missed some fireworks while I was gone. I'll catch up on the euro and post my charts.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 4:06am   #114

Joined Oct 2008

JahDave started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xpipcounter View Post
Sounds like you had some fireworks on your own.
Hey, a little quick mathematics for you. (I did not cheat.). Assuming you got married on a Saturday, then your anniversay was on Monday.
I am tickled for you. You got EW going for you, and a wonderful marriage (That's what it sounds like.)
Great! I'll be waiting on your charts.
The 28th would be correct.
JahDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:41am   #115

Joined Oct 2008

JahDave started this thread OK everyone, it seems like I messed up last night on my euro call. I guess I've got some explaining to do. I hope I have learned a valuable lesson from this. I am going to put up a chart from June 21st because that was my initial charting 100% on my own. I went to Elliott Wave International last night for the first time in several months and after reading all of their free stuff and how everything has already begun the big crash I changed my primary wave count and went with an alternate wave count figuring I must be wrong. So as I said I hope I learned a valuable lesson about trusting my own charting skills and not listening to all the blabber out there about how you need to pay someone else to help you trade.
Now on to my analysis.....The euro will probably make it's first major high just above the 1.2700. I also think that my initial target I called for of the 1.3500 range will be it's final high for years to come (if it even makes it there). I am posting up my June 21st hour chart with my current hour chart. And if you are all wondering then yes I sold the euro and took a 50 pip stop last night, and missed out on a very big move up because of letting someone else influence my opinion and confidence.
Attached Thumbnails
eur_06_21_2010_hour.png   eur_usd_07_01_2010_hour.png  
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:48am   #116

Joined Jun 2010

Dave,
Part of the thing that makes you good is that you are honest.
Keep up the good work!
It's also clear you are right much more than you are wrong.

Quote:
OK everyone, it seems like I messed up last night on my euro call. I guess I've got some explaining to do. I hope I have learned a valuable lesson from this. I am going to put up a chart from June 21st because that was my initial charting 100% on my own. I went to Elliott Wave International last night for the first time in several months and after reading all of their free stuff and how everything has already begun the big crash I changed my primary wave count and went with an alternate wave count figuring I must be wrong. So as I said I hope I learned a valuable lesson about trusting my own charting skills and not listening to all the blabber out there about how you need to pay someone else to help you trade.
Now on to my analysis.....The euro will probably make it's first major high just above the 1.2700. I also think that my initial target I called for of the 1.3500 range will be it's final high for years to come (if it even makes it there). I am posting up my June 21st hour chart with my current hour chart. And if you are all wondering then yes I sold the euro and took a 50 pip stop last night, and missed out on a very big move up because of letting someone else influence my opinion and confidence.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:55am   #117

Joined Apr 2010

Thank you JahDave for those heart-felt comments. What you experienced is part of the journey. Every day and every trade we have to trust and have confidence in ourselves...ultimately. Trading is all about perspective. I say that because you can have two people looking at the same chart: one sees a move down and the other, a move up. How does one know who is seeing correctly beforehand? When you get to a point where you know you have developed a rapport with price movement, hold fast. Even if you are wrong with your own approach, you can usually figure it out and get right back in step. Following someone else blindly many times leaves us in no-man's-land, with no way to get back to where we know we should be.

I appreciate very much your humility in sharing. Keep on going because what you have that is tried and tested by your eyes and experience will continue to guide you through your next trade...and the next...and the next.

All the best and enjoy your Independence weekend...in more ways than one...if you are in the US that is .

Take care,

FX4Newbies
Quote:
OK everyone, it seems like I messed up last night on my euro call. I guess I've got some explaining to do. I hope I have learned a valuable lesson from this. I am going to put up a chart from June 21st because that was my initial charting 100% on my own. I went to Elliott Wave International last night for the first time in several months and after reading all of their free stuff and how everything has already begun the big crash I changed my primary wave count and went with an alternate wave count figuring I must be wrong. So as I said I hope I learned a valuable lesson about trusting my own charting skills and not listening to all the blabber out there about how you need to pay someone else to help you trade.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 1:58am   #118

Joined Oct 2008

JahDave started this thread Thanks for the very kind comments gentlemen and I shared because I wanted to help other traders avoid the mistake of following others blindly as Newbies said. Anyway if you look at my june 21 chart you can see that the price was very close to matching my b and c wave targets. That is because I used fibo to predict all the moves and as is usually the case price reversed on solid fibo levels.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:42am   #119

Joined Oct 2008

JahDave started this thread A quick note on the chf. I think it is ready to reverse. It was already in the fifth wave going down and as you can see on the chart it made a thrust through the support line. This is a very reliable indicator in itself that this is the very final push down before a substantial move the other way. Also the price is sitting on good fibonacci support right now and the completed or almost completed fifth wave just adds more evidence for a reversal. Longer term the price should top out at about 1.1200 and then go down to the 1.02 area. After that comes the exciting part because it will have potential to make the 1.4000 area (not a typo 4000 pips or so but that will not happen for a quite a while).
Attached Thumbnails
chf_07_01_2010_hour.png   chf_07_01_2010_hour_shorter.png