Elliott Wave EUR/USD

This is a discussion on Elliott Wave EUR/USD within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; How do you discern that is an "ending" diagonal as opposed to a diagonal within a trend?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:04am   #85

Joined Jun 2010
Re: Elliott Wave EUR/USD

How do you discern that is an "ending" diagonal as opposed to a diagonal within a trend?
4xpipcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:24am   #86

Joined Oct 2008

JahDave started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xpipcounter View Post
How do you discern that is an "ending" diagonal as opposed to a diagonal within a trend?
You have clues from the previous waves. If you look at the A and B waves just prior to this last C wave they are both clearly 3's. That means this has to be some sort of flat and not a zig-zag. A zig-zag is what I have drawn on my euro daily chart. Anyway a C wave is always comprised of 5 smaller waves meaning a flat is always 3,3,5 and a zigzag is always 5,3,5. Also and ending diagonal is almost always 5 waves but can be 9 (rarely). This ending diagonal is only going to be five because the throw over has already occurred and it only breaks out of the trend line on the final push. This is actually an expanded flat because the C wave is quite a bit larger than the A and B wave. It's really not as difficult as it sounds. If you are interested in learning Elliott Wave theory I recommend the book Frost and Prechter wrote in the 70's, Elliott Wave Theory. I also have some good ebooks I will send you for free if you would like. They aren't as in depth as the hardback, but they are free.
JahDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:49am   #87

Joined Oct 2008

JahDave started this thread Here is my last post of the night concerning the Aussie. Get ready to stick it with a fork because it is almost done. I am in short and going to sleep.
Attached Thumbnails
aud_06_20_2010_short.png  
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:33pm   #88

Joined Jun 2010

I've read the book by Bob Prechter. I enjoy fresh reading material, so I'll read whatever you send me at: 4xpipcounter@gmail.com.
My queries are mainly based not on a desire to learn the EW for myself, but to see what you see through the eyes of your system.
I did notice price bounced nicely off the 61.8% Fibo that I made on the chart. That was also the area of the 26% extension of my MR1. It still has the looks of a massive explosion. I'll be glad when it happens. I'm tired of looking at my live trades in the negative--lol.
I also noticed kiwi has also started to move in the right direction for me. It was also stretched. There was so much confluential evidence I knew it had to happen eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahDave View Post
You have clues from the previous waves. If you look at the A and B waves just prior to this last C wave they are both clearly 3's. That means this has to be some sort of flat and not a zig-zag. A zig-zag is what I have drawn on my euro daily chart. Anyway a C wave is always comprised of 5 smaller waves meaning a flat is always 3,3,5 and a zigzag is always 5,3,5. Also and ending diagonal is almost always 5 waves but can be 9 (rarely). This ending diagonal is only going to be five because the throw over has already occurred and it only breaks out of the trend line on the final push. This is actually an expanded flat because the C wave is quite a bit larger than the A and B wave. It's really not as difficult as it sounds. If you are interested in learning Elliott Wave theory I recommend the book Frost and Prechter wrote in the 70's, Elliott Wave Theory. I also have some good ebooks I will send you for free if you would like. They aren't as in depth as the hardback, but they are free.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:37pm   #89

Joined Jun 2010

Sounds like you are ready to bank the big one. I am too. I just won't get the pips you will. I can feel it. You are smelling the end to the printing business.

Quote:
Here is my last post of the night concerning the Aussie. Get ready to stick it with a fork because it is almost done. I am in short and going to sleep.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:44pm   #90

Joined Oct 2008

JahDave started this thread
Quote:
Here is my last post of the night concerning the Aussie. Get ready to stick it with a fork because it is almost done. I am in short and going to sleep.
Well it did make the .8857 on my charts, but that was good enough for me. I think we will see a bounce from the line it is sitting on before it proceeds down.
Attached Thumbnails
aud_06_21_2010_short.png  
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:22am   #91

Joined Oct 2008

JahDave started this thread Back to the Euro......I'm looking for a short term bounce on the hour chart and then some more down. Long term is still up.
Attached Thumbnails
eur_06_21_2010_hour.png   eur_06_21_2010_day.png