Elliott Wave EUR/USD

This is a discussion on Elliott Wave EUR/USD within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by yellowroses I was asked to look at your thread. You seem to give very good forecasts. Trying ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 2, 2010, 5:51pm   #121

Joined Oct 2008
Re: Elliott Wave EUR/USD

JahDave started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowroses View Post
I was asked to look at your thread. You seem to give very good forecasts. Trying to learn to trade
Thank you very much
JahDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 6:43am   #122

Joined Oct 2008

JahDave started this thread Here are my thoughts on the euro tonight. The C wave is in five up and it is 71.6% the size of the A wave. As strong as wave A was, I expected the C wave to be larger, and it may still turn out to be, but I don't think so. From an elliott wave perspective there are quite a few possibilities from where it is now. My preferred wave count at the moment is a flat, meaning the euro will bottom out just below the 1.1900. But keep in mind I said there are still a lot of possibilities on how this can develop from where it is now. As good as Elliott wave analysis is, there are still some time periods you just have to wait out until you get some more candles in before you have a high probability trade and this is one of those times.
Attached Thumbnails
eur_usd_07_05_2010_hour.png  
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:05am   #123

Joined Apr 2010

Good idea JahDave to see a few more candles. Surely won't hurt and will only make your analysis clearer.

Take care,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahDave View Post
Here are my thoughts on the euro tonight. The C wave is in five up and it is 71.6% the size of the A wave. As strong as wave A was, I expected the C wave to be larger, and it may still turn out to be, but I don't think so. From an elliott wave perspective there are quite a few possibilities from where it is now. My preferred wave count at the moment is a flat, meaning the euro will bottom out just below the 1.1900. But keep in mind I said there are still a lot of possibilities on how this can develop from where it is now. As good as Elliott wave analysis is, there are still some time periods you just have to wait out until you get some more candles in before you have a high probability trade and this is one of those times.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:09am   #124

Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
.. The C wave is in five up and it is 71.6% the size of the A wave...
Hi there, I am so excited that I've found some people here discussing wave count and also focusing on EUR. I am new to this forum, and this is my 2nd posting. My first one was to replying another EW thread:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tech...ml#post1173778

Anyway, my wave count is that this one-month old EUR bull could be in abc format to form a wave-6 in an extending wave-9 big bear down, and also my alternative count is that this one-month old bull is actully a starting point of a whole new big bull up (so now it is in a the explosive 3). I prefer the big bull counting because it's how my position is accumulated. However, if the 2 (i.e., the b) failed, i'll change my preferred wave count to the big bear down.

Thanks to you guys forming this thread, I'll bookmark this thread and come back to join discussion often!
snowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 5:07pm   #125

Joined Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowrider View Post
Hi there, I am so excited that I've found some people here discussing wave count and also focusing on EUR. I am new to this forum, and this is my 2nd posting. My first one was to replying another EW thread:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tech...ml#post1173778

Anyway, my wave count is that this one-month old EUR bull could be in abc format to form a wave-6 in an extending wave-9 big bear down, and also my alternative count is that this one-month old bull is actully a starting point of a whole new big bull up (so now it is in a the explosive 3). I prefer the big bull counting because it's how my position is accumulated. However, if the 2 (i.e., the b) failed, i'll change my preferred wave count to the big bear down.

Thanks to you guys forming this thread, I'll bookmark this thread and come back to join discussion often!
Hi Snowrider,

I'm very glad another elliott wave person is here. Please post up your charts sometimes and let's all improve our trading together. Constructive criticism and alternate views are always very welcome. I don't usually work off the five minute charts but today I am. The euro has just finished a leading diagonal for wave 1 and should retrace back up to the 1.2560/75 area before heading back down for wave 3.
Attached Thumbnails
eur_usd_07_06_2010_5_min.png  
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:53pm   #126

Joined Oct 2008

JahDave started this thread The Euro has almost completed the C leg of a zigzag. At this stage this pattern can either be a running flat that is completing or it will have the smaller pullback for a fourth wave and then another leg up for wave five. Either way the upside potential is almost exhausted for now and I am going short soon.
Attached Thumbnails
eur_usd_07_06_2010_hour.png  
Old Jul 7, 2010, 2:03am   #127

Joined Jun 2010

Hi Dave!, I was hoping to see a move to 1.2681, which is my WR1, and then get that move DOWN, just as you were talking about.

Quote:
The Euro has almost completed the C leg of a zigzag. At this stage this pattern can either be a running flat that is completing or it will have the smaller pullback for a fourth wave and then another leg up for wave five. Either way the upside potential is almost exhausted for now and I am going short soon.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 2:44am   #128

Joined Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xpipcounter View Post
Hi Dave!, I was hoping to see a move to 1.2681, which is my WR1, and then get that move DOWN, just as you were talking about.
I'm glad to see that Ichimoku and Elliott wave are still in agreement.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 2:57am   #129

Joined Oct 2008

JahDave started this thread Hey Pip, what is your thought about the EUR_AUD. I've got it in a fourth wave and the fibos are making a good case for the 1.4650 area to hold before the fifth wave heads back up.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 3:06am   #130

Joined Jun 2010

LOL. Would you expect anything different? Actually that was my WR1 talking. 1.2281 is the bottom of the cloud. 1.2782 is the top. If I remember right you got this move DOWN headed to somewhere above the bottom of my cloud, and according to your EW, you got it blowing the top of my cloud off.
I'm hope your readers are watching. That's a confluence of events. Dave's EW and Paul's IC & S&R's are agreeing.
I noticed yellowroses gave you a visit. I told her to check your thread out. We go back a long ways. A while ago, we were talking about wave counts and how they compare with what I brainwashed her with (LOL). After she gave me a visit I said, girl here's your chance. Be sure and address him properly. That's Sir EW.

Quote:
I'm glad to see that Ichimoku and Elliott wave are still in agreement.