YM journal

This is a discussion on YM journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Thanks folks. All the best to the xiao ji indeed +15 from 2. Entered on and after the morning's 3pk ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:39pm   #260

Joined Mar 2003
Cheesy gwailow

frugi started this thread Thanks folks. All the best to the xiao ji indeed

+15 from 2. Entered on and after the morning's 3pk PD. Sadly the triangle upside breakout came to nothing. Not surprising given the long hourly channel break I suppose, so I should have grabbed a few more points around 705 when I had the chance, but left stop on 2nd contract at b/e and went for an enormous curry instead. D'oh.
Attached Thumbnails
untitled.jpg  
frugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 9:12pm   #261

Joined Mar 2003
Nothing to see here

frugi started this thread Thanks gollum n BB. I deleted the DVD posts to keep things tidy, but have saved the links.

Been distracted last couple of days changing my car so not really been trading, sorry. Broke even over Thu/Fri for what it's worth.

Normal service should be resumed next week.
Attached Thumbnails
thu.jpg   fri.jpg  
Old Feb 14, 2005, 9:00pm   #262

Joined Mar 2003
Yawn

frugi started this thread +15 from one simple Grail short and a bit of fiddling with Diamonds in case there was a late rally.
Attached Thumbnails
untitled.jpg   untitled1.jpg  
Old Feb 15, 2005, 7:51pm   #263

Joined Mar 2003
Loose molars

frugi started this thread +44 from one.

I rarely manage a decent Chartman style 100 EMA entry as I am always worried that once the price has duly broken, tested, and continued past the 100 EMA that the move will soon reverse. Indeed on range days it often does. Between 15:00 and 15:15 we broke yesterday's high "B" (downtrend "A" already having been vanquished) on increasing, healthy volume so I risked a long with a 12 point stop. Worth mentioning also that following yesterday's tedious narrow grind, a breakout today was likely to be valid. Indeed it was. Exited this on the 3 peak ND around 850; also there seemed to be decreasing interest following a volume climax adding weight to the exit.

Managed to avoid a Grail long over lunch (no volume) fortunately. Perhaps there was a clue that we weren't going to retest the highs as the first bounce off the 100 EMA was so weak?

As the price slipped below the 100 EMA was this just being allowed to drift, or perhaps a stop run to gather up a few more contracts from weak holders? Hard to tell but TICK slipping below zero perhaps tipped one off that a reversal might be on the cards, considering it had stayed above zero for the whole day up until then. Trinny also changed into a rather unfashionable outfit, dropping below -0.8 and drifting down, not what one wants to see on a potential one way trend up day.

Some little sup and res gaps later (marked on one min) - I'm reallyenjoying Wellshot's posts on the Dow Intraday thread and it is thanks to him I have even noticed the significance of these. Certainly points to watch for a reaction or to give a clue to the future.

Anyway that's me done. After a good day I suspect my childhood beliefs regarding work (i.e one ought to be paid commensurate with the time put in grafting not the quality of the work done) often like me to give money back to the market in case I haven't "properly earned" it.
Attached Thumbnails
untitled.jpg   untitled1.jpg  
Old Feb 15, 2005, 8:46pm   #264
Joined Oct 2003
You do know yourself Mr Frugi. The market has no way of knowing if you've done the work or not so you can skive off now and spend it on fast cars and women! (I see you've already spent it on a fast car).
Tuffty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 8:53pm   #265

Joined Mar 2003
frugi started this thread I'm beginning to know myself Tuffty! Just a few lingering beliefs to defuse (easier said than done, lol) and with luck I'll be a few more paces down the right path. Indeed the market only recognises quality not quantity of work and I must always remember this.

As for the fast car, well I just reluctantly swapped Japanese precision engineering and the best NA engine in the world for a little French - though allegedly as fast point-to-point - Clio 182 to pay off my Christmas credit card hangover. Apart from being fabricated from baler twine, tinfoil and the nastiest interior plastics ever to blight this earth she's a little beaut of a go-kart with wonderfully involving handling so I'm pretty chuffed. Just got to learn neatly to keep the back end in now as it likes to step out at every opportunity
Old Feb 15, 2005, 9:26pm   #266
Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugi
she's a little beaut of a go-kart with wonderfully involving handling ...
Does "involving handling" by any chance mean that you have to put your feet through the holes in the floor and run like hell? Well done with today's trade, btw.
Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote