YM journal

This is a discussion on YM journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Just thought I'd start keeping an average points per day from here... 19 days on which I traded 332 points ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 17, 2004, 7:16pm   #141

Joined Mar 2003
frugi started this thread Just thought I'd start keeping an average points per day from here...

19 days on which I traded
332 points
17.47 points per day

EXCLUDING COMMISSION (I have a spreadsheet with all the relevant info on but it contains other trades so I cannot simply import it)
frugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 9:34pm   #142

Joined Nov 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugi
Just thought I'd start keeping an average points per day from here...

19 days on which I traded
332 points
17.47 points per day

EXCLUDING COMMISSION (I have a spreadsheet with all the relevant info on but it contains other trades so I cannot simply import it)
This data is MOST useful. It is the single most important statistic that "wannabe" traders would like to know. TT does the same thing on the Dow thread, as you have probably seen. It has to be the most realistic yardstick that any one will see.You could deduct the commissions( as points), as we don't know the total number of trades in your 19 days . Could be 19, could be 190.......
The views expressed here are my personal views and for your information only. Any expression of likely movement of a share is merely guesswork and is to be treated as such.This information must NOT be used as a basis for making any investment decision.
ChartMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 9:47pm   #143

Joined Jun 2003
Smile Re: YM journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by frugi
Thanks clylbw, you reminded me to look more closely at the 5 min chart...Please feel free to elaborate as you see fit - I can keep a secret
What a quasi-witching day we have had today .

Anyway, you are very welcome, frugi. It is just that I am aware my subjective methods based on p/v and a longer time framework may be a bit out of sync in this thread, which I assume is based on objective methods. Please do let me know if I am muddying the water, and I will shut up for good .
clylbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 10:02pm   #144

Joined Oct 2003
Don't you worry clylbw, our frugs is a price action man at heart!

Q
Old Dec 18, 2004, 1:38am   #145

Joined Mar 2003
Rise and shine all you gold-diggin' mothers...

frugi started this thread ....are you too good to tangle with the po' po' boy?

Sorry, forgive the Kings of Leon quote.

On the one hand I'm making a paltry 15 odd points a day after costs. Little to be proud of, especially after only 19 days - a pathetic statistical sample, to say the least.

On t'other, I'm cautiously trading a 3k account and making > 1% ROC a day.

Hmm...

Double my contracts, keep the discipline and suddenly I'm earning a modest living from intraday Dow. If only it was so easy!

Price action rulz - clylbw knows it; I'm working on it

Last edited by frugi; Jan 16, 2005 at 2:29pm. Reason: misunderstood definition of ROCE
frugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 2:03am   #146

Joined May 2003
15 points a day is pretty cool if you are trading enough contracts to meet ur needs
Old Dec 19, 2004, 8:55pm   #147
Joined Feb 2004
frugal,

This is one of the best threads on this site!
temptrader is offline   Reply With Quote