light hearted journal

This is a discussion on light hearted journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Helo All Because IG index dont allow users to save charts I thought I might aswell bundle my charts, trades ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 4, 2009, 7:12pm   #1
light hearted journal

Helo All

Because IG index dont allow users to save charts I thought I might aswell bundle my charts, trades and general thoughts all into one place.

I generally use simple moving averages and trendlines to place trades, sometimes use Phil nels 5min strategy and sometimes scalp triangle consolidation patterns.

Im trading a live account but Im not risking my life savings here, just after a bit of fun and develop knowledge.
I Generally trade spot major forex pairs and gold/silver. I will try to call trades before entry.

First chart for kick off is USD/CAD on the daily TF

The 100 SMA is currently resting at 11050 which has near perfect confluence with my upper resistance.

So Ive got an order for Short at 11048 SL 35 TGT 55
and an order for long 10577 SL 35 TGT 55
Attached Thumbnails
uc-daily-2nd-oct.jpg  
Old Oct 4, 2009, 7:33pm   #2
second chart is 30min TF of EUR/GBP

its established a short term down channel and Ill be looking to play off these S/R lines

the daily trend in EG has been up since June but has recently bounced off resistance so this could be a good channel for a nice leg down.

The 30min stoch is disgustingly oversold at 2.9, maybe this can give a nice little push up to the desired entry.

If the price hits tonight or tomorrow I should be short somewhere between 9170 and 9180 SL 20pips TGT 40pips

Also when Asia opens tonight Ill be trading any significant gaps in price.
Attached Thumbnails
eg-daily.jpg   eg-30m.jpg  
Old Oct 4, 2009, 7:57pm   #3

Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by baljit8011 View Post
second chart is 30min TF of EUR/GBP

its established a short term down channel and Ill be looking to play off these S/R lines

the daily trend in EG has been up since June but has recently bounced off resistance so this could be a good channel for a nice leg down.

The 30min stoch is disgustingly oversold at 2.9, maybe this can give a nice little push up to the desired entry.

If the price hits tonight or tomorrow I should be short somewhere between 9170 and 9180 SL 20pips TGT 40pips

Also when Asia opens tonight Ill be trading any significant gaps in price.
I've been buying the low of the channel to get in on the 4hourly trend But i've also been pyramiding the 4hourly trend right the way up so it shouldn't mean anything to you.
x

GET YOUR TOWELS READY, ITS ABOUT TO GO DOWN.

Last edited by GladiatorX; Oct 4, 2009 at 8:02pm.
GladiatorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2009, 8:41pm   #4
Before Asia starts I'd like to wish all traders good luck for the next 5 days and declare

HONEY OF THE WEEK

Jennifer love Hewitt

Click the image to open in full size.

Maybe a bit airbrushed in this pic , but Just look at this pic, jesus christ, what can you do. I dont know man whatever.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:07pm   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GladiatorX View Post
I've been buying the low of the channel to get in on the 4hourly trend But i've also been pyramiding the 4hourly trend right the way up so it shouldn't mean anything to you.
x
thanks for the input G,

Ill keep an eye on the 9110- 9120 level
Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:10pm   #6
first trade of the week

Shorting the gap on EU, 14616 +15 -15

SL hit by 1 pip then target met, AHHHH!!!!

Last edited by baljit8011; Oct 4, 2009 at 11:12pm.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 4:39pm   #7
EG trade came up with 40 pips
Old Oct 5, 2009, 6:06pm   #8
Im short silver right now at 1650