Helenqu's Blog

This is a discussion on Helenqu's Blog within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Hi Peter and Paul (did you once sing together?) I am going to carry on with the PhD but I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 28, 2003, 5:45pm   #29

Joined Dec 2001
Helenqu started this thread Hi Peter and Paul (did you once sing together?)

I am going to carry on with the PhD but I think that I am now well aware that I am not an "academic" I did my Masters and enjoyed it but this is a whole order of magnitude different. I HAVE to finish by the 15th of December now, a final deadline.

Thanks for the tip re e-signal Paul, I didn't know it was cheaper if you are and IB client. When I am properly full time I may swap to them as long as they can resolve the EUREX reliability issues.

Thanks for the comments guys
Helenqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2003, 9:03am   #30

Joined Dec 2001
Cold Executions

Helenqu started this thread Just a quick note about my "Ah-ha!" moment today. I've gone back to SB as a sideline but I'm trading the Dax. And I realised that I have absolutely no emotions now about those trades. They work or they don't full stop. It makes me realise how much emotion is still around in the futures trading and the reason for it is purely the amount of money involved. BUT that realisation is a big step forward for me, I can be emotionless. I just need to transfer those feelings to larger amounts of money.

Made two winning Dax trades this morning for +5 and +18 and they were totally devoid of emotion/anxiety.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 9:08am   #31

Joined Feb 2002
Hi Helen

Sounds like another step along the road of self-discovery

Take Care
Mark.
FTSE Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2003, 9:13am   #32

Joined Dec 2002
Its a great breakthrough. Do you find that you can run the profits for longer? I've found that once one gets thro the other discipline/emotion issues this one makes the difference in terms of generating and holding one's profit.

I had a good week too, BTW. I think the war effect on the markets might be on the wane giving us back some more normal conditions.

Stay well.
Les Carlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2003, 9:18am   #33

Joined Dec 2001
Helenqu started this thread Yes I have no problems running it at all, just wait for it to be finished. All I need to do is transfer that to futures.......
Old Apr 10, 2003, 9:23am   #34

Joined Dec 2002
This is curious. It seems that in your head there's a difference between a futures trade and say SB, or perhaps shares. So i wondered what the difference is, knowing that you will appreciate that whatever the financial instrument, the same strategic principles apply?

Les
Les Carlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2003, 9:28am   #35

Joined Dec 2001
Helenqu started this thread Hi Les,

The difference is mostly MONEY. My SB stakes are much smaller and the length of time I hold is longer. The bottom line I think is my attitude to money, because I've never had much I value it probably more than I should.