Helenqu's Blog

This is a discussion on Helenqu's Blog within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Hi Guys, Thanks for the comments. The deadline for submission is 15th December this year. I know it's not forever ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 22, 2003, 4:39pm   #22

Joined Dec 2001
Helenqu started this thread Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments. The deadline for submission is 15th December this year. I know it's not forever but it feels like it. I'll let you know what I decide
Helenqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2003, 5:15pm   #23

Joined Dec 2001
Indecision in Markets, War and Me :)

Helenqu started this thread Not much to write trading wise this week. I continued to be ultra cautious and made just one trade for +3. I felt very wary about going long with the war news likely to be bad and decided to only take short trades with my system for a few days. I know I'm over cautious by most people's standards but the bottom line is that it is my money at risk and I have the luxury of not needing to take increased risks to earn my daily bread.

Today was the PhD meeting, my tutor persuaded me that I would be silly to give up at this point and agreed that I should be able to complete it and still do a couple of hours trading a day. So a good compromise

Spent an hour this afternoon doing a photoshoot for the Mail on Sunday. I think the article will be in next week - a comment on Sharescope. Not sure why I had to change my blouse twice and lean towards the camera though!!
Old Mar 28, 2003, 5:20pm   #24

Joined Mar 2002
Dont forget to display any pictures on the BB Helen, I dont take the Mail on Sunday.
Bill
Bill G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2003, 5:25pm   #25

Joined Dec 2002
Helen,
It sounds like the photographer has heard you like your FRIDAY AFTERNOON FROLIC (LOL)
be-positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2003, 5:30pm   #26

Joined Dec 2001
Helenqu started this thread Yes strange that the photos took up the Friday Frolic time too......... (Kids at home though )
Old Mar 28, 2003, 5:35pm   #27
Joined Mar 2001
Helen - on no account give up on your Ph. D.
I did mine back in 1966-1969 - subject chemistry. I also had lots of dead ends and periods when i thought i was wasting my time. I at one time (two years in) thought i should change my topic of research completely. At the time any escape from the black hole would have been a relief although I never thought about not finishing.

My philosphy of life is that you cannot live on "What if" and although I have NEVER used my doctorate professionally and only my mum in law calls me Dr. - I do not regret that period in my life. The markets will not go away whatever happens in this war.

That was a bit serious!! Sorry.

Peter
esiotrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2003, 5:40pm   #28
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Hi Helen,

There are a couple of things I would like to comment on if you are open to this.

1) I agree with your professor, it would be a terrible waste of 5 years to not complete your PHD although I have never seen you say what the subject was ? I studied to Masters level and if at that point had I not completed it I would have somehow felt incomplete.

2) Are you aware that as a customer of IB you get a discount subscribing to esignal ? I have just had a 30 day trial and for the US markets it really is very good but there are mixed views on European markets.

Good Luck

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote