Using MiniDow Dayraider Upgrade

This is a discussion on Using MiniDow Dayraider Upgrade within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Today was my first real money trade using this upgrade. I took about a week to follow the market using ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 28, 2009, 7:26am   #1
Joined Jul 2009
Using MiniDow Dayraider Upgrade

Today was my first real money trade using this upgrade. I took about a week to follow the market using the new system and today was the first real money day. I would say it worked nicely. I traded only with 2 contracts. First set up today i took at 10:57am, long at 8998 and sold at 11:29am at 9034, for a quick 30 points. It was a nice set up. I used Stuards Time, and price dowbehavior methodology. Min dow cash also had a nice positive deviation set up. It was a beautiful trade.
And the second good trade was at 1:32pm ET, it formed double bottom on macd, and time/price, dow behaviors came handy. My stop loss was about 5points below my entry, right below green line and white dots.
Here are some charts of those set ups.

Let's see what happens tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
july27-1.png   july27-2.png  
mikez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 9:30am   #2
Joined Feb 2008
Just an observation.

If this thread is intended to put minds at ease, you would be better off not disabling the feature in Tradestation that shows trades on the chart. It's on by default.

Showing this information proves 2 things:
1 - That you actually made the trades
2 - That you didn't make another bunch of losing trades you decided not to discuss

It'll also save you from having to put the words "Buy" and "Sell" on the chart

Any chance ?
pedro01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:38am   #3
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Hi Mike,
Pedro's advice is very sound, IMO. A friendly word of advice if I may . . .
As a new member, there will be those who will look on you with some suspicion, especially if you claim to do really well using the Dayraider upgrade - as supplied by Stuart who is a colourful, but controversial vendor. Therefore, anything you can do to add credibility to your trades will help to shield you from those who would otherwise conclude that you're here merely to scam and pump Stuart's services. Following Pedro's suggestion will go some way towards keeping his critics at bay. I shall follow your progress with interest!
Welcome to T2w!
Tim.
timsk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:54pm   #4

Joined Aug 2005
Buy Sell strategy entries on TS mean nothing. How can anyone be sure that those orders are

i) real trades
ii) based on any particular method/strategy.

Its easy to write two lines strategy that works for just the day and put that entries/exits on a chart. Easy peasy. Statements of a live account are by far the most reliable evidence.

On the other hand, post-market analysis of the market can also be a good indicator as to how the method works, if its done consistently.

I have no other intention here other than just to mention the validity of the use of entry exit marks on TS chart.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 3:16pm   #5

Joined Aug 2005
This used to be my system (called LSS range ) but I do not use it anymore. It produced a very nice long trade yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
090727-dow.jpg  
Old Jul 28, 2009, 4:13pm   #6
Joined Aug 2008
Congrats Mike on your trading....

As a fyi, Mike did not execute his trades via Tradestation Securities - that's why the trade entry arrows did not show up on his charts. Hopefully Mike can get a screen capture from yesterday's trading activity from the broker he used and post it on this thread some time today.

Keep it up Mike!

Stuart K.
mechanicaldaytrader is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 4:39pm   #7
Joined Jul 2009
mikez started this thread Boys, i'm new to this thread and new to TS. I use OpenECry to get my orders in. For future, i'll make sure some how proof my buys and sells.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 6:49am   #8
Joined Jul 2009
Another great day using Upgraded MiniDow Dayraider,

mikez started this thread Traded with 1 to 3 contracts and was up $749 for the day. It's getting easier to see the trades. Here are few trades, on first I got in a bit early but it still worked out good. MACD was coequal, my stop loss was at dotted white line, my first target was as soon as the red line dropped, and i let the other two stay in a bit longer. Here are the charts and the entry orders. So far I'm pleased with this upgrade, that's three days and about $1,200 with only few contracts. I'm not getting too excited yet, i want to see if i can do this for a month and finish in the green most of the days. Buying long seems to be much easier than seeing short entry, but we'll see. Paka
Attached Thumbnails
july-29-ts-1.png   july-29-1.png   july-29-ts-2.png  

july-29-2.png  

Last edited by mikez; Jul 30, 2009 at 6:54am.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:05am   #9
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Hi Mike,
What are the issues / problems you're having trading short?
timsk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2009, 3:26pm   #10
Joined Aug 2008
Hey Tim; he's been coached to learn and do one thing at a time...he's practicing and executing long entries and doing it well, I might add. In time, he'll get the shorts...there is only so much that can be imparted in a teaching mode and only so much that can be absorbed and executed well.

Good job Mike! Here's this morning's short setup after the 8:30 am announcement.. Those that are familiar with the methodology will see why.

This shows the last part of the DayRaider Upgrade, called the "DayRaider Toy" (the chart at the top). It moves pretty fast (a tick chart) but catches all the institutional stops before, during and after the market turns. There's a couple mechanical longs and shorts. Mike is going to be using the long mechanical reversals if he wants to, otherwise he just stick to using the bottom chart shown (DayRaider Upgrade).

The Mechanical Day Trader
Attached Thumbnails
dayraider-short-entry-setup.jpg  
mechanicaldaytrader is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote