Using MiniDow Dayraider Upgrade

This is a discussion on Using MiniDow Dayraider Upgrade within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Traded with 1 to 3 contracts and was up $749 for the day. It's getting easier to see the trades. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 30, 2009, 5:49am   #8
Joined Jul 2009
Another great day using Upgraded MiniDow Dayraider,

mikez started this thread Traded with 1 to 3 contracts and was up $749 for the day. It's getting easier to see the trades. Here are few trades, on first I got in a bit early but it still worked out good. MACD was coequal, my stop loss was at dotted white line, my first target was as soon as the red line dropped, and i let the other two stay in a bit longer. Here are the charts and the entry orders. So far I'm pleased with this upgrade, that's three days and about $1,200 with only few contracts. I'm not getting too excited yet, i want to see if i can do this for a month and finish in the green most of the days. Buying long seems to be much easier than seeing short entry, but we'll see. Paka
Attached Thumbnails
july-29-ts-1.png   july-29-1.png   july-29-ts-2.png  

july-29-2.png  

Last edited by mikez; Jul 30, 2009 at 5:54am.
mikez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2009, 9:05am   #9
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Hi Mike,
What are the issues / problems you're having trading short?
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2009, 2:26pm   #10
Joined Aug 2008
Hey Tim; he's been coached to learn and do one thing at a time...he's practicing and executing long entries and doing it well, I might add. In time, he'll get the shorts...there is only so much that can be imparted in a teaching mode and only so much that can be absorbed and executed well.

Good job Mike! Here's this morning's short setup after the 8:30 am announcement.. Those that are familiar with the methodology will see why.

This shows the last part of the DayRaider Upgrade, called the "DayRaider Toy" (the chart at the top). It moves pretty fast (a tick chart) but catches all the institutional stops before, during and after the market turns. There's a couple mechanical longs and shorts. Mike is going to be using the long mechanical reversals if he wants to, otherwise he just stick to using the bottom chart shown (DayRaider Upgrade).

The Mechanical Day Trader
Attached Thumbnails
dayraider-short-entry-setup.jpg  
mechanicaldaytrader is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2009, 4:18pm   #11
Joined Jul 2009
Another good day

mikez started this thread Today (Friday) was much better day. Yesterday i had my behind handed to me b/c i played with "new toy" too soon without getting my eyes use to seeing it in real time. Like any "toy", if you don't know how it works, you'll get heart.
Today i traded with 3 contracts. By the way, i didn't tell you guys that i trade of 19" inch monitor laptop and I'm doing it at work. It's kind of hard b/c i have to click between Tradestation and my OpenEcry entry platform. But i trade how i can at this time, and maybe one day I'll be able to trade from home with couple of monitors.

Here is the trade for the day. Bought 3 at 10:06 at 9097, then sold one at a time. First sold at 9110, second sold 9117 and third sold at 9161.
Attached Thumbnails
july-31-ts-1.png   july-31-1.png  
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:14pm   #12
Joined Jul 2009
mikez started this thread Ended the day with $950 in the green. So far I love this platform. I've tried many trading platforms, and so far this one has been almost too good to be true. My goal for August is $20,000. I'll try to stick to 2 to 4 contracts. I'll keep you posted. And i'll do a snap shot of my August total at the end of the month. Thanks for reading.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 2:08am   #13
Joined Feb 2008
Well done Mike !
pedro01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2009, 10:58am   #14
Joined Aug 2008
$1,000 dollars a day keeps the _______ away...

Kudos Mike! Patience, good money management and use the charts to eliminate "fear" and "greed" in trading...take what the market gives you, use the Dow Behaviors and keep your entries between S2 and R2, with Dow Behaviors at the edges of each trade.

Keep up the good work and enjoy your new "TOY", sorry for the first day follies, you'll love TOY the more you use it....and it never needs batteries!

Stuart K.
The Mechanical Day Trader
mechanicaldaytrader is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote