Wade's £100 journal

This is a discussion on Wade's £100 journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; I have been doubting my trading ability and I lost most of my £100 account it is actually hard for ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 6, 2009, 3:26pm   #17
Joined Mar 2008
gbp/jpy

just1wade started this thread I have been doubting my trading ability and I lost most of my £100 account it is actually hard for one to bounce back from such a bad losing streak but I placed a trade today on gbp/jpy which was good trade but my emotions got the better of me (the evil emotions fear and greed). As I placed the trade I had a target but then greed took over and I thought I should go for more. The price dropped stupidly then fear kicked in and I got out with a sad +24 points when it should of been +86 points. At the end of this trade I realized that I have not been following the basics and ignored my game plan the strange thing is I have no idea how got to this point, THIS CANNOT HAPPEN AGAIN!
Attached Thumbnails
gbpjpy.jpg  
just1wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2009, 3:53pm   #18
Joined Jan 2009
Two links for you:

Shares - Free Trial

MoneyAM - Free Share Prices, Stock Quotes, Charts, News, Level2

Get the heads up with email alerts and weekly share mag
JDTRADER is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2009, 5:39pm   #19
Joined Mar 2008
just1wade started this thread I placed another trade but this time following my rules. My entry reason: perfect inside bar/spinning top on support so I placed a trade in the direction of the trend. I was planning for a quick trade because resistance was close and just as I thought, the trade played my game, a quick +50 point profit .
Attached Thumbnails
gbpjpy.jpg  
Old Feb 9, 2009, 3:49pm   #20
Joined Mar 2008
quick trade

just1wade started this thread I was not suppose to be trading today because I've been babysitting but baby fell asleep and I decided to take a look at the market. This was a quick +44 point trade off a 5min chart. The entry reason: a small pullback which ended in a spinning top my entry was a break of the high of the spinning top because the overall trend was up. I got out because I reached my target which was a resistance line.
Attached Thumbnails
eurusd.jpg  
Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:19pm   #21

Joined Nov 2001
[QUOTE=just1wade;654000]I was not suppose to be trading today because I've been babysitting but baby fell asleep and I decided to take a look at the market. This was a quick +44 point trade off a 5min chart. The entry reason: a small pullback which ended in a spinning top my entry was a break of the high of the spinning top because the overall trend was up. I got out because I reached my target which was a resistance line.[/QUOTE

Well done
Just to note as an aside - forgive me for butting in -
Price also broke an area of conjestion and an Inside bar.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 5:12pm   #22
Joined Mar 2008
just1wade started this thread
Quote:
Well done
Just to note as an aside - forgive me for butting in -
Price also broke an area of conjestion and an Inside bar.
No problem butt in at anytime because I didn't see what saw, so its a good thing that you through in your 2 cents because I am a newbie in this game and its sometimes its good to look through another traders eyes.

Thanks
Neil
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:12pm   #23
Joined Mar 2008
just1wade started this thread I placed this trade going long on a 1hr chart(gbp/jpy) which I never do but I thought I would give it a go and the trade went against me, luckily I used very good money management and only lost 1% of my account. I only risked 1% because I don't trade 1hr charts and I was not sure about the trade. In the end I got stopped out.
Attached Thumbnails
gbpjpy.jpg  

Last edited by just1wade; Feb 13, 2009 at 10:15pm. Reason: can't spell
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:53pm   #24
Joined Mar 2008
late night trade

just1wade started this thread I took this trade short because the overall trend was short. Reason for my entries were both pullbacks and my exit was based on me reaching my target.
Attached Thumbnails
eurusd.jpg  

Last edited by just1wade; Feb 18, 2009 at 12:12am.
Thanks! The following members like this post: Joey25