Quantt’s betting journal

This is a discussion on Quantt’s betting journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by brewski1984 I was once 7 out of 9 for a 9 darter, missed the T19 to set ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:37pm   #33
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
I was once 7 out of 9 for a 9 darter, missed the T19 to set up the D12 I was gutted!
Nooooooo!
I'm gutted for you!
I think the most I ever got back to back was 180 and then 140



Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
As the beginner's luck would have it, I won on the wrong bet and missed the proper one...
No good bets for tonight...
Who's your team mate?
You have skillfully danced around it throughout the thread, only referring to them as "my team"
__________________
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:55pm   #34
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
Who's your team mate?
You have skillfully danced around it throughout the thread, only referring to them as "my team"
Let's just say my team have the BIGGEST IDIOT as a manager and leave it at that, because I cannot take it anymore...
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:11pm   #35
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Let's just say my team have the BIGGEST IDIOT as a manager and leave it at that, because I cannot take it anymore...
Could be worse...
This could be your manager..

Attached Thumbnails
4221396001_5570377738001_5570374447001-vs.jpg  
__________________
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:21pm   #36
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
Could be worse...
This could be your manager..

You guys have it good in soccer, the Coach sets the tone the strategy and tells the front office what kind of players he needs, even sets the tone for the young players development etc... Like Sir Alex for example

Here the General Manager (THE IDIOT) is responsible for all that and he trades away all the good players and gives the Coach a bunch of useless, but "character" players signed with huge contracts and the coach doesn't know what to do with them...

Enter the Owner of the team, another IDIOT who supports the GM and the result is not only a bad team, but bleak future, because of lack of prospects and development...

I swear, one day, if I start a hedge fund is going to be for the only purpose to make 2Billion dollars to buy the club :-)
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:29pm   #37
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
You guys have it good in soccer, the Coach sets the tone the strategy and tells the front office what kind of players he needs, even sets the tone for the young players development etc... Like Sir Alex for example

Here the General Manager (THE IDIOT) is responsible for all that and he trades away all the good players and gives the Coach a bunch of useless, but "character" players signed with huge contracts and the coach doesn't know what to do with them...

Enter the Owner of the team, another IDIOT who supports the GM and the result is not only a bad team, but bleak future, because of lack of prospects and development...

I swear, one day, if I start a hedge fund is going to be for the only purpose to make 2Billion dollars to buy the club :-)

Wow...what a headache!
I wouldn't be able to work like that... If I was the coach then I would be the one setting the tone and the rest follow (or chairman says what's financially practical). Otherwise i'd be out the door.

Are all/most of the teams managed like this?
__________________
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:43pm   #38
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
Wow...what a headache!
I wouldn't be able to work like that... If I was the coach then I would be the one setting the tone and the rest follow (or chairman says what's financially practical). Otherwise i'd be out the door.

Are all/most of the teams managed like this?
Yes Sir, all team are managed like that + there is a salary cap of about 80mil per team + the players contracts are guaranteed and have to be transferred, e.g. if one guy has 8 years 8 mil /year salary and he is traded (swapped for other players)to another team, he'll have the same term/salary...

American sports are really weird...
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:13pm   #39
Joined Sep 2017
Yikes!

Interesting...
__________________
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:49pm   #40
 
cbrads's Avatar
Joined Mar 2014
Is there much money in Canadian sports or does a lot of the talent drain south?
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spread betting trading journal + Weekly screenshot nleoog Trading Journals 6 Sep 19, 2015 7:07am
Video spread betting trading journal nleoog Trading Journals 3 Oct 16, 2014 9:18am
Need help with Spread Betting Journal Template? bhupe Trading Journals 1 Jan 8, 2014 3:19am
My journal - Spread-betting 7 FX pairs awe Trading Journals 95 Jul 5, 2011 9:19pm
Political Betting Journal arabianights Trading Journals 15 Jun 8, 2009 9:27pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)