My FX Journal - 80% Fundamental 20% Technical

This is a discussion on My FX Journal - 80% Fundamental 20% Technical within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by FXX What feeds do you use Brumby? I have ransquawk but also use forexlive, FX street, Reuters. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:07am   #17
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
What feeds do you use Brumby? I have ransquawk but also use forexlive, FX street, Reuters. If I reach consistency I definitely am going to get a Xenith subscription to add to the toolbox.
I use Xenith and Forexlive. Isn't Xenith cheaper than Ransquawk?
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:23am   #18
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
I use Xenith and Forexlive. Isn't Xenith cheaper than Ransquawk?
It is 1.5 times more expensive. I had Xenith before, loved it. Ransquawk do a lot of the graft for you and their news feed and commentary is excellent plus you can instant message their analysts if you not sure why a currency is moving or need analysis on something. It enables me to trade while I work more discreetly than Xenith and is pretty darn good at getting the right info to you without noise.
FXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:29am   #19
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread I forgot to mention, they also provide some cool data sheets. One of them being the general sentiment of central bank members which is very useful during speeches
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:25pm   #20
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread Didn't have time to post today but took at trade in EURNZD off the back of euro being somewhat supported and had no tier 1 data coming out.

The news on ransquawk that provided the opportunity for a trade was uncertainty on NZ central bank reforms. This was the in the EU session open article this morning which I managed to read at 6:30am on the bus on my way to the office.

Entry 1.69578 targeted just shy of a previous high at 1.7039 for a profit.

Last edited by FXX; Oct 24, 2017 at 10:06pm.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:25pm   #21
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
Didn't have time to post today but took at trade in EURNZD off the back of euro being somewhat supported and had no tier 1 data coming out.

The news on ransquawk that provided the opportunity for a trade was uncertainty on central bank reforms. This was the in the EU session open article this morning which I managed to read at 6:30am on the bus on my way to the office.

Entry 1.69578 targeted just shy of a previous high at 1.7039 for a profit.
Good trade on your EURNZD pick.

I saw the news on Forexlive after I got home but that was like 6 hours after the news broke. I think the bearish sentiment is a mixture of central bank reforms and the prospect of foreign purchases of local properties being banned.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:40pm   #22
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread
Quote:
Good trade on your EURNZD pick.

I saw the news on Forexlive after I got home but that was like 6 hours after the news broke. I think the bearish sentiment is a mixture of central bank reforms and the prospect of foreign purchases of local properties being banned.
They have been struggling with property prices for a while, its a global epidemic with hot spots. I bought my house for 535k which was bought by the previous owner for 350k 5 years ago.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:57pm   #23
Joined May 2012
Any plans on how you might trade the UK GDP number later today? I haven't worked out a plan yet. USD sentiments currently wedged between the prospect of Taylor pick and rumor of 3 Senate Republican hold out over the tax bill.

I need to first clear the Australian CPI due out in 2 and a half hours.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:18am   #24
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread
Quote:
Any plans on how you might trade the UK GDP number later today? I haven't worked out a plan yet. USD sentiments currently wedged between the prospect of Taylor pick and rumor of 3 Senate Republican hold out over the tax bill.

I need to first clear the Australian CPI due out in 2 and a half hours.
Sterling is a difficult one at the moment. With trade talks lurching behind a blackmail bill and the EU beginning to loosen their hardline, it's in no man's land. If Gdp is worse than expected we could get a few pips out of EURGBP. My focus today will be Cad with policy and oil data later today. I just don't feel like there is a lot of interest in sterling. There are hardly any institutional positions according to cot data http://www.cotbase.com/