My FX Journal - 80% Fundamental 20% Technical

This is a discussion on My FX Journal - 80% Fundamental 20% Technical within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Today's trade list includes EURZAR off the back of continued Euro stupidity and SnP downgrading ZAR deeper into junk status ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:06am   #201
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread Today's trade list includes EURZAR off the back of continued Euro stupidity and SnP downgrading ZAR deeper into junk status (buying a pullback for another test of 17). No other major news today. Will be spending the day catching up on central bank research and preparing for data releases later this week. Also on the cards is news on progress of brexit which if deterioration occurs will be a seller of GBPUSD and also on the cards is news on US tax reforms.
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:54am   #202
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
Today's trade list includes EURZAR off the back of continued Euro stupidity and SnP downgrading ZAR deeper into junk status (buying a pullback for another test of 17). No other major news today. Will be spending the day catching up on central bank research and preparing for data releases later this week. Also on the cards is news on progress of brexit which if deterioration occurs will be a seller of GBPUSD and also on the cards is news on US tax reforms.
Switching watch list to USDZAR - some soft Italian data has been released and Euro weaker this morning.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:33am   #203
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread long USDZAR @ 13.7798
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:06pm   #204
Joined Sep 2017
How long do you reckon it would take someone to understand fundamentals to the level you do?
Generally speaking...
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:52am   #205
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
How long do you reckon it would take someone to understand fundamentals to the level you do?
Generally speaking...
a couple of months of hard work.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:00am   #206
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread Sorry haven't updated in a while. Got out of the USDZAR trade at break even (it just wasn't going anywhere and was my last swing trade)

Last week i took 3 news trades trades (the strategy i will focus on going forward)

GBPUSD - off of news on brexit trade talks moving forward (25 pips profit)
NZDUSD - Worst business confidence in years (20 pips profit)
USDCAD - brilliant employment and gdp data (65 pips)

Today nothing on schedule but will be listening for brexit news
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:06pm   #207
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread Ending the week off with 2% gain (week total)

Thursday - audcad (data divergence on the day) 19 pips

Today
  • gbpjpy sell (brexit) 20 pips
    usdjpy buy (nfp) 20 pips
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:46pm   #208
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
Ending the week off with 2% gain (week total)

Thursday - audcad (data divergence on the day) 19 pips

Today
  • gbpjpy sell (brexit) 20 pips
    usdjpy buy (nfp) 20 pips
Good job mate!
Sure beats my 5% deficit this week...
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote