My FX Journal - 80% Fundamental 20% Technical

This is a discussion on My FX Journal - 80% Fundamental 20% Technical within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by FXX Today i am going to spend time setting up tradingview (i am currently working from home) ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:36pm   #153
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
Today i am going to spend time setting up tradingview (i am currently working from home) and Eikon which i have mostly setup.
Given the lack of tier one data this week, you haven't missed anything so far. I am curious, generally how do you use trading view?

Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:19pm   #154
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
Given the lack of tier one data this week, you haven't missed anything so far. I am curious, generally how do you use trading view?
It is one of the best charting platforms I have used feature wise. You can overlay instruments and the tools available are super handy (i.e. economic release calendar indicator + alerts email or sms)

The main reasoning behind using it though is having a web based platform that i can access on any pc\device and all my work is saved on it. This is a tremendous aid since i am constantly between several different computers + my mobile.
FXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Brumby
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:22pm   #155
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread example of the economic indicator on the chart
Attached Thumbnails
2017-11-08_21-21-10.png  
Thanks! The following members like this post: Brumby
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:47pm   #156
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread NZB statement yesterday has given an opportunity to sell NZD. The forward guidance brought forward a rate hike to Q2 2019 from Q3 2019. This boosted the NZD but really nothing has changed and they are still divergent with other central banks tightening. Looking at USD which is on a tightening cycle I believe it will further strengthen against the NZD going forward (unless USA fundamentals change). The 4 hour chart is at a nice level for an entry and i have a target sitting in the area of 0.6700
Attached Thumbnails
untitled.png  

Last edited by FXX; Nov 9, 2017 at 1:56pm.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:54pm   #157
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
example of the economic indicator on the chart
I have a similar thing on my brokers platform.
I've never really heard many other people talk about such an indicator but I think it's fantastic! Even if I don't trade the news, when working out where I think price is going to go I just throw my eye down to the bottom to see if there's any scheduled news likely to intersect with my trade duration.

Simple but very useful!

Another underrated thing is the extended cross hairs coming from the mouse cursor. I use it all the time
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:23pm   #158
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
I have a similar thing on my brokers platform.
I've never really heard many other people talk about such an indicator but I think it's fantastic! Even if I don't trade the news, when working out where I think price is going to go I just throw my eye down to the bottom to see if there's any scheduled news likely to intersect with my trade duration.

Simple but very useful!

Another underrated thing is the extended cross hairs coming from the mouse cursor. I use it all the time
hows your progress going?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:33pm   #159
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
hows your progress going?
Nothing much to report.
I just spent some time watching how the charts react pre, during and post economic releases. Gaining a familiarity with the craziness that ensues Running things through my head as it happens..

I was about to deposit another little bit onto the account yesterday. My thinking was that depositing even just a small bit more might help with my psychology. Bringing the account balance a little beyond what was ever in the account before might help me look at this account as less of a practice/exploratory account and therefore take it more seriously. I had to pop out then and never got around to it

I have come to the notion that spread betting accounts aren't the best types to be using when trading news. The widening spread kills me... it either takes me into a trade that I don't want to be in yet as price never actually reached there, or it takes me out of trades when I shouldn't really be. The widening spread sucks!
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:16pm   #160
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Risk off

FXX started this thread market has risk off sentiment this morning. Waiting for yen to move
Attached Thumbnails
capture.png