My FX Journal - 80% Fundamental 20% Technical

This is a discussion on My FX Journal - 80% Fundamental 20% Technical within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by FXX Going good thanks, how about yourself? I have been meaning to update the thread but have ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:14pm   #226
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
Going good thanks, how about yourself?
I have been meaning to update the thread but have too much going on which includes trading and very little time for forums. Much of my time is spent keeping my skills relevant in my industry. I will be happy to see the back of working for a boss and turn to my own interests. One thing i want to do is program my trading methodology into a real time processing engine that trades for me. Ray Dalio did it and he is a macro trader and it outperforms them now. I know how to work the tech that can do this but don't have the time to do it.
good to hear it not too bad thanks

Its rare for someone to give their fundamental analysis like you do so I hope you get back into it one day
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:54pm   #227
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread I will be back, not sure when but definitely. Hope your trading is going well

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
FXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:53am   #228
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread So has anyone been following the [ libor \ funds rate] spread?

Something massive is stirring in a fragile debt pile. You want to see how big that pile is?

http://demonocracy.info/infographics...t/us_debt.html

Oh and this is a year old, its even bigger now!

Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:19am   #229
Joined May 2012
Quote:
So has anyone been following the [ libor \ funds rate] spread?
I don't. What is going on with the spread?

Did you trade the BOE event last night? I did and got caught on the wrong side initially. Reversed position and came out fine.

Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:18am   #230
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread sorry i had a typo, i meant OIS and not funds rate versus Libor. The spread has been widening and is at levels last seen when we had the EU banking crisis in 2011. With costs for banks borrowing increasing and other factors at play like the governments debt (21 Trillion). It is hard to visualize that number so here is a nice visual of how much money it is stacked in 100 dollar bills

http://demonocracy.info/infographics...t/us_debt.html

To add fuel to the fire, I read an article on FT about banks in the USA suffering 20% loss on credit card losses. The credit card debt is 1 trillion dollars so 20% is a sizeable chunk. I read another article that over due payments have hit about 11.9 billion dollars.

Then the elephant in the room with raising rates and the bond market with what is widely believed to be in a bubble along with equities. Something is cooking in the kitchen and when the lights go out, the governments wont be in a position to repeat 2008.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 6:40pm   #231
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread Going to get this thread rolling again in the coming weeks as I will have some more time to add content. Hope everyone is doing well.

Last edited by FXX; Apr 26, 2018 at 9:21pm.
Thanks! The following members like this post: swissy
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:14pm   #232
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Going to get this thread rolling again in the coming weeks as I will have some more time to ass content. Hope everyone is doing well.

Good stuff!
Hopefully it will coincide with me getting back into trading

Busy, busy, busy at the moment but the break away was exactly what I needed.

How you're well mate
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2018, 11:16am   #233
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread right to kick off the tread again I have a trade i just closed on GBPUSD (short) for 35 pips. There was some fake news that came out about UK staying in the customs union beyond Brexit and this caused a quick reaction in the pair to the upside. Shortly afterwards it was make clear that this was a rumor without any evidence and the government made a statement that basically confirmed it was nonsense. Sold close to the highs of the reaction and given that there will be more Brexit news out today there is a cloud of uncertainty in the air making this a very well timed trade working the news.

Personally i think it was started by the snowflake remoaners who will never give up their eu d...ck sucking love.

Stay tuned for some analysis - not sure when but it's coming. This Journal is going to be shifted from a trade journal to an information gateway to all you TA based traders out there to hopefully see that it isn't bad and actually very lucrative. The content will be analysis and will outline trades i have or planning to take. I will also go into details of the process i follow so as to provide some grounding for anyone wishing to add fundamental analysis to their toolbox. While i do use paid services i will endeavor to provide alternatives both cheaper and free.

note that i am not a full-time trader yet so work this all around my job which i think will be applicable to many of you. The journey to full-time is underway and i can't wait to cast up my work suits for good and replace them with a comfy home office and a better quality of life.

good day to all
Thanks! The following members like this post: swissy , Brumby
Old May 17, 2018, 9:52pm   #234

Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
right to kick off the tread again I have a trade i just closed on GBPUSD (short) for 35 pips. There was some fake news that came out about UK staying in the customs union beyond Brexit and this caused a quick reaction in the pair to the upside. Shortly afterwards it was make clear that this was a rumor without any evidence and the government made a statement that basically confirmed it was nonsense. Sold close to the highs of the reaction and given that there will be more Brexit news out today there is a cloud of uncertainty in the air making this a very well timed trade working the news.

Personally i think it was started by the snowflake remoaners who will never give up their eu d...ck sucking love.

Stay tuned for some analysis - not sure when but it's coming. This Journal is going to be shifted from a trade journal to an information gateway to all you TA based traders out there to hopefully see that it isn't bad and actually very lucrative. The content will be analysis and will outline trades i have or planning to take. I will also go into details of the process i follow so as to provide some grounding for anyone wishing to add fundamental analysis to their toolbox. While i do use paid services i will endeavor to provide alternatives both cheaper and free.

note that i am not a full-time trader yet so work this all around my job which i think will be applicable to many of you. The journey to full-time is underway and i can't wait to cast up my work suits for good and replace them with a comfy home office and a better quality of life.

good day to all
Looking forward to it.... fundamental analysis is an area I need to improve in. Apart from a decent news feed and watching how markets react, could you recommend a decent primer on the subject?

Kind regards.
swissy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2018, 10:21pm   #235
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
FXX started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissy View Post
Looking forward to it.... fundamental analysis is an area I need to improve in. Apart from a decent news feed and watching how markets react, could you recommend a decent primer on the subject?

Kind regards.
Hey Swissy

An excellent primer i can suggest is this book (£2.50)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Forex-Funda.../dp/B01CSKD9AW

He dives into all the necessary points needed as well as the tools he uses including free resources. Its an excellent read and you can get through it in an afternoon.
Thanks! The following members like this post: Kaeso
Old May 18, 2018, 9:11am   #236

Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Hey Swissy

An excellent primer i can suggest is this book (£2.50)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Forex-Funda.../dp/B01CSKD9AW

He dives into all the necessary points needed as well as the tools he uses including free resources. Its an excellent read and you can get through it in an afternoon.
Many thanks....I'll keep an eye out for the book.
Old May 18, 2018, 10:57am   #237

Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissy View Post
Many thanks....I'll keep an eye out for the book.
E-book... very reasonably priced plus he has a useful website.